What's new

more help plz

PennDirtDigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2019
Messages
82
Reaction score
243
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted this find yesterday and got some great feedback. someone said it was silver so I cleaned it with silver cleaner and sure enough found the word sterling on the piece I thought was junk. here are clear pictures of both parts found ( in the woods ). Any ideas as to what it came off would be awesome. Note: I have found old horseshoes in the same woods and an old homestead was nearby according to historicaerials dot com (are we allowed to post other sites?)
IMG_0784.webpIMG_0783.webpIMG_0790.webpIMG_0791.webpIMG_0787.webp
Thanks for any id help:notworthy:
 
I posted in your Alien Artitfact post That I thought it may have been the top to a small box. (Pill or Snuff)
The long strip is the edge and was soldered to the top.
Over the years the solder has corroded off and the two parts separated.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom