
Could be junque as we don't have junk on tnet. The proper terms are crappe' and junque.
Montybaspinall said:I found one of the little shield things. I believe it is horse tack. There's a thread somewhere back. About this one.
Brian
BuckleBoy said:The shield-shaped things are called Harness Bosses.baspinall said:I found one of the little shield things. I believe it is horse tack. There's a thread somewhere back. About this one.
Brian
Check out my reply #12 in the link below:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,118603.0.html
Yes, the heel plates are correctly identified. Now, lemme look at these other goodies...
Ok. I think the acorn things are musket parts too. I'm looking for them now. These are FAR from "junk" finds--in fact they're pretty darned Great finds!
-Buckleboy
woody50 said:BuckleBoy said:The shield-shaped things are called Harness Bosses.baspinall said:I found one of the little shield things. I believe it is horse tack. There's a thread somewhere back. About this one.
Brian
Check out my reply #12 in the link below:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,118603.0.html
Yes, the heel plates are correctly identified. Now, lemme look at these other goodies...
Ok. I think the acorn things are musket parts too. I'm looking for them now. These are FAR from "junk" finds--in fact they're pretty darned Great finds!
-Buckleboy
Buckleboy I do agree with you, but over here Harness bosses are called a Horse Brass, what's in a name. I guess a Saddle boss would be somewhat smaller too. The Sexfoils from Crusader appear to be smaller and lighter to used on a persons belt, not on a thick belt or piece of leather on a horse, where something heavier like this would be used.
Same thing with the term "Horse Furniture." It's so generic...it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! 
I'm enjoying the leaves here so much. I'll be enjoying them more when they get some of my "target" fields cut so that I can view the panorama from the center of a giant bean field with the '66 on my arm. 
romeo-1 said:The acorn and the other piece in the same pic is part of a musket trigger guard assembly...just check my American Revolution Encyclopedia and found the exact matches. Together with the butt plate those a stellar finds!!!
BuckleBoy said:romeo-1 said:The acorn and the other piece in the same pic is part of a musket trigger guard assembly...just check my American Revolution Encyclopedia and found the exact matches. Together with the butt plate those a stellar finds!!!
Dang! You just beat me to the ID by minutes.![]()
![]()
