cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt where the targets are. My experience is that the dry generally has more targets (including trash), but, the water has better targets. Sample both areas at your beach to find out which area is best for what you're trying to find.

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some questions to ask about your selected beach:
Am I looking for ‘fresh drops’ of jewelry>?
Do people wear the kind of stuff I hunt at the beach I am going to?
Is there one or two ‘towel lines’ and where are they?
Do many people (that wear the stuff I seek) play in the surf or dry sand?
Do many play in the knee to waist deep water and wear the stuff I seek?
How early/often do the ’vet detectorists’ show up at the beach I want to hunt?
When is the busiest day of the week for people playing at the beach?
How soon can I get there afterwards?
Fill your holes unless in the water.
Good hunting!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If at the beach during crowds I always look at the beach for which zones have the most people, the towel line, chair line, water line (where mothers play with little babies,) then the knee-deep, waist-deep, and sand bar, I hunt the ones with most people first. If it is after hours like late evening, night, or early morning then I hunt the wet sand from the last high tide, and where the umbrellas and chairs were, then the towel/blanket line.

Always make a mental note of the towel and blanket line, when it suddenly starts raining people grab their towels and blankets and run to their vehicles, forgetting they had their valuables lowing on the towel/blanket with them and don't think about it till they are in their cars driving home.

OP
OP
G

gary985112

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2023
If at the beach during crowds I always look at the beach for which zones have the most people, the towel line, chair line, water line (where mothers play with little babies,) then the knee-deep, waist-deep, and sand bar, I hunt the ones with most people first. If it is after hours like late evening, night, or early morning then I hunt the wet sand from the last high tide, and where the umbrellas and chairs were, then the towel/blanket line.

Always make a mental note of the towel and blanket line, when it suddenly starts raining people grab their towels and blankets and run to their vehicles, forgetting they had their valuables lowing on the towel/blanket with them and don't think about it till they are in their cars driving home.
What would you say the significance is of sand bars? Do people flock there and drop valuables? Or is there another reason sand bars might be of interest? Thanks for your input.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would you say the significance is of sand bars? Do people flock there and drop valuables? Or is there another reason sand bars might be of interest? Thanks for your input.
It is where a lot of the 15 to 20+ year old people go.

I hunt an area or zone, if I don't get any good hits after awhile I change to different zone.

People lose jewelry all over the beach, they think "I want lose it", they put on sunscreen, throw balls, Frisbees, horse around with girlfriend/boyfriend, sun themselves till they get hot going in the water which is cold causing hands to shrink.

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The gold is in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread