What's new

More Luck

pegleg

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hell's Cotton Field- NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I hit two very small banks on the way home this afternoon and did quite well. The first bank had 11 rolls and the second bank had two. I also got 10 rolls of quarters and 10 rolls of dimes. No luck with the quarters or dimes but the halves hit big. The first roll I opened had all silver rims except for 3.

Here are the totals for Today
3 x 64
60 x 40%
 

Attachments

  • phpM1YRsdPM.webp
    phpM1YRsdPM.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
Heck of a nice score-

Congrats!!
 
wooohooo,,,,,,, git you some,,,,, silver that is!!! nice score.
 
Hmmmmm..............Oak City, NC. I see a serious road trip coming up real soon.......ha!

J/K PL.......very nice score. Hit em all....hit em hard....everything in your area.....buy every roll. Sounds like you in an area with little or no competition.

Good luck on the next hunt........ain't this fun?

Let's see....Oak City........

BTW - You do know about the 5% LJ Silver Fund Foundation right?
 
Yea... the one where we pay you 5% of our total finds to keep you posting beautiful pictures of yourself in your avatar? ;)

Peg... you must be in an area with like NO other CRH'ers. Grats! That or you just happened to show up right after someone dumped grandpa's old coins. I suggest for the future banks you hit that HAVE halves, asking how long they have been there. That will give you an idea of how hunted if at all your area is. If all the banks say "oh jeeze... months and months" then you know to not go back to the same banks often, but if they say a few days or a week or something, then you are in an are that COULD be hunted, but that also has people with silver at home willing to turn it in for cash.

If you find that most banks DON'T have halves at all, then you just got really lucky so far, and if some banks have hundreds of dollars worth of CLAD halves, then you are in a hunted area.

Most likely of course... none of this is definitive.

~Dave
 
LJ said:
Hmmmmm..............Oak City, NC. I see a serious road trip coming up real soon.......ha!

J/K PL.......very nice score. Hit em all....hit em hard....everything in your area.....buy every roll. Sounds like you in an area with little or no competition.

Good luck on the next hunt........ain't this fun?

Let's see....Oak City........

BTW - You do know about the 5% LJ Silver Fund Foundation right?


After the 95% donation to my Daughters College fund, there’s not much left for other charitable causes. How bout we call it a 5% consultation fee and I deduct it on my Taxes next year!!!!! lol
 
BBcardsRI said:
Yea... the one where we pay you 5% of our total finds to keep you posting beautiful pictures of yourself in your avatar? ;)

Peg... you must be in an area with like NO other CRH'ers. Grats! That or you just happened to show up right after someone dumped grandpa's old coins. I suggest for the future banks you hit that HAVE halves, asking how long they have been there. That will give you an idea of how hunted if at all your area is. If all the banks say "oh jeeze... months and months" then you know to not go back to the same banks often, but if they say a few days or a week or something, then you are in an are that COULD be hunted, but that also has people with silver at home willing to turn it in for cash.

If you find that most banks DON'T have halves at all, then you just got really lucky so far, and if some banks have hundreds of dollars worth of CLAD halves, then you are in a hunted area.

Most likely of course... none of this is definitive.

~Dave

I live in a very odd place!!! All of the larger towns are hunted. One bank had 2 boxes on hand. - My wife bought both and no luck. My job allows me to visit a lot of Barney and Andy type towns everyday. All with banks and populations of around 400-600. This seems to be where the luck is!!!


I may have another hook up!! I went to college with a fellow that owns a large vending service. They process millions in change every year and I can buy unlimited bags of .25-.10 and .05 coins before they go to the bank. I wonder if it will be worth it?????
 
pegleg said:
BBcardsRI said:
Yea... the one where we pay you 5% of our total finds to keep you posting beautiful pictures of yourself in your avatar? ;)

Peg... you must be in an area with like NO other CRH'ers. Grats! That or you just happened to show up right after someone dumped grandpa's old coins. I suggest for the future banks you hit that HAVE halves, asking how long they have been there. That will give you an idea of how hunted if at all your area is. If all the banks say "oh jeeze... months and months" then you know to not go back to the same banks often, but if they say a few days or a week or something, then you are in an are that COULD be hunted, but that also has people with silver at home willing to turn it in for cash.

If you find that most banks DON'T have halves at all, then you just got really lucky so far, and if some banks have hundreds of dollars worth of CLAD halves, then you are in a hunted area.

Most likely of course... none of this is definitive.

~Dave

I live in a very odd place!!! All of the larger towns are hunted. One bank had 2 boxes on hand. - My wife bought both and no luck. My job allows me to visit a lot of Barney and Andy type towns everyday. All with banks and populations of around 400-600. This seems to be where the luck is!!!


I may have another hook up!! I went to college with a fellow that owns a large vending service. They process millions in change every year and I can buy unlimited bags of .25-.10 and .05 coins before they go to the bank. I wonder if it will be worth it?????
Grab a few bags and test the waters.
 
I would personally like the .05 bags, but they are a garunteed BUST on profit. The .10 will traditionally be better yield than the .25, but a .25 dream bag beats a .10 anyday!

So its all your call, but I def. agree with the "testing the waters" idea.

Good luck and let us know how that works out.

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom