more park finds

fc3003

May 23, 2005
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
DFX
today it was very warm here so I went out to MD in a local park , in the shady woodlands of it, and found some nice coins from the 1930,s and a belt buckle, the large coin is a silver one , I was testing a new shovel I just bought,,, than I hit on a signal that had a whide spectrum of metals in it (I use a DFX) it ranged from iron to the brass ect. I pinpointed dug a hole found nothing than pinpointed again,, ah,, a bit more to the side,, I wanted to lift a soil slab out and hit on someting big ,,,A tin full of coins ??? I put my shovel under it and fliped it out A masiv german WO-II anti tank mine !!!! Oh I thought that is dangerous took a few pics with my new shovel next to it :) and reported it to the local police ,,two hours later while sitting in my back garden I heard a very loud bang (from two miles away) so they detonated it on the spot, which means the darn thing was fused !!!! well I thought so since the fuse is the sentral part ,,which was in place ... good thing I did not slamm my new shovel in right on top as I always do ,,,I might not be posting than as I do now,,, I think I will dig carfull from now on :) :) :)

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 290
  • 27-5-2005 004.jpg
    27-5-2005 004.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know what else to say other than ,WOW!!!!!!!! Thats incredible

J

Justin L

Glad you were able to get home and post. A find like that is scary indeed.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Well that would be a find I wouldn't soon forget! I hadn't thought of that as a hazard to this hobby before now! HH omnicognic 8)

P.S. Imagine if someone had driven over that! What a service you have done for your community!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecing for coins/relics can be a dangerous job sometimes,

Nice finds,

HH

Lonewolfe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i wonder how many other unexploded munitions are in the area? be very carefull around there.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep was that thing anyway? You may need a bomb squad outfit where you are. Glad it ended so well. Maybe you should go back to the hole and look for German coins. :D

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Thats some nice digs,other then the one,glad you had such a good outcome.Safe and HH

J

Joe (Memphis)

Man, you are one LUCKY dude.... I think I will stick with my little trowel.... :o

KngFhearts

Apr 1, 2005
CA
You've done your community a HUGE service...someone's life was most likely spared due to your actions!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds but that tank mine... I hope I don't dig one of those up! I often think about finding something dangerous like that here in Germany which is why I don't care to hunt the WWII sites. HH, Mike

R

rvbvetter

Now thats scary!! You almost traveled over seas. And mountains and trees and glaciers. Be careful. I don't want you to drop in unexpectedly. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions