What's new

More pictures of the mystery ring

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
247
Golden Thread
0
Location
Far, Far Away
I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one.
I also posted it on the "What is it" section of the forum.
It was found in the surf.
It is a size eight and weighs 8.7 grams.
It passes the magnet test and is shiny bronze colored.
 

Attachments

  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    40 KB · Views: 764
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 743
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 741
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 733
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 739
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 743
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    40 KB · Views: 787
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 735
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 740
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 736
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 755
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 731
Upvote 0
sweeeeet ring!!! 750=18 kt gold very nice! looks like white gold to me.
 
You found 18Kt. gold. Nice find.
 
Although I'm unfamiliar with the color the fact of the 750 stamp indicates 18K Gold! Congrats.

It's an interesting design also...looking like an "energy" ring or something? Nice!

HH Joe
 
that sure is a terrific ring find,

I have a piano student who can probably tell me ( or his dad can) ...what those symbols read...but I think there are many differerent symbols for the various regions of China, so maybe he will or will not be able to translate these, but I'll try.

Student is coming for lesson this Wednesday...will get back to you .

Lorraine
 
It seems like a custom designed ring (18K) with the artists mark on it.

I've also seen custom designed rings in high grade metals (Plat , Gold, Silver) colored in unique
finishes for that artistic one of a kind look.

Those can get pretty expensive when you have them made like that!

I would do an acid test to confirm, but 750 is high k gold. :wink:
 
Gold or no gold I still think it is a wicked looking ring, sweet dig! :icon_thumleft:



~~Happy Hunting & Merry Christmas~~
 
EVERYTHING TELLS ME ITS 18K GOLD WITH THE MARK, BUT.................. you never can go by the mark.. it has to be tested.. too much phony stuff being made in china and else where.... HH :icon_thumleft:
 
I am with everyone else, 750 = 18k. The bronze color could be because it has tarnished some. Many of my white gold finds are not shiny white gold.....it does turn some. I would try to buff it out some and watch the top tarnish layer clean off leaving you with a beautiful white gold ring. The weight seems to be right. A lot of my normal size 18k rings weigh in around 8g.

It's sweet. Hope it fits.
Chris
 
I have never seen high karat gold turn that color (smoke/grey).... All the "worn" gold I have seen turn color is low karat (kinda orange), or white gold (yellow bleeding through)...
Since there is 950 platinum, is there 750 platinum? That would make sense with the color... But what do I know?? LOL...

Sweet design and unique as all get out...
 
Found this online.... Seems that there are lower grades of Platinum from around the world, in the USA it has to be at least .900

Only buy a platinum jewelry item from a manufacturer or jeweler that will guarantee the platinum content of your item.
A Gents 6mm, size 9 ½ comfort fit platinum wedding ring will weigh 14 to15 grams. A similar 585-platinum ring will weigh 9 to 10 grams.
The color will be noticeably different. Platinum items will be high polished with a luster. The 585-platinum items will either be rhodium plated (a gemologist can determine it the item is plated) or will show a low luster.
Melting point. The melting point of platinum is 3214.00 degrees Fahrenheit. The 585-platinum will begin to melt at 900 degrees Fahrenheit. Without the right precautions a jeweler’s torch could turn your 585-platinum item into pudding, very fast. On the other hand most jewelers could not melt platinum.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom