More Pre-Clovis Stuff

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow is this where early man stopped for lunch ? 17 bones (eight rabbits and nine deer) for radiocarbon dating. If closer examination of the bones provides evidence of a human link, Somerville says it will change what we know about the timing and how the first people came to America.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow is this where early man stopped for lunch ? 17 bones (eight rabbits and nine deer) for radiocarbon dating. If closer examination of the bones provides evidence of a human link, Somerville says it will change what we know about the timing and how the first people came to America.

Likely a bear or saber tooth cave before early man took refuge.

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
I always wonder when I see that idea advanced. Do predators typically drag/carry animals back to caves before they eat them ?

Forthat matter, do they even use caves other than to get out of the rain or (bears) hibernate ?

kentucky Quinn

Jul 27, 2013
Eastern KY
I don?t know about caves, but I know coyotes and bobcats, deer, Turkey and bears all pass through the overhangs and cliffs. Not sure if they take shelter in them or just come through hunting. Think I will set up trail camera tomorrow on this line of thought. ....thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread