more saltwater camp stuff

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flinty ones, Found the teeny flints while on my hand and knees combing thru the tidal debris. I believe the pointy one is a Catahoula with a broke stem. A little further down the bayou I have another shell mound thats older and already under water. When I've got the energy I try to turn a few scoops of mud and shell over with my pitchfork and place it where the tide will wash it out and where I can see what comes out of it. I was fixin to walk away and I noticed this pointy bone sticking out. To me it looks like a stingray spine, but its bigger than any others I've ever seen. In the picture I put two others that are the normal size to find.
The worn out ol' point I found at Smith Point, Texas close to the dock at my other house. The same with the circular pottery piece. I thought it was a pot-bottem, but it doesn't show any signs of being attached to anything. It came out of the mud and shell, and it didn't appear wave washed which normaly smoothens pottery edges pretty quick. Could it be an earspool? Anybody know? Thanks Lone Star

Attachments

• 100_7877.jpg
    100_7877.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread