More searching through rolls...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The batteries are charging up for the digital camera right now, so pictures will come later. I went in today an got $250 in dimes and $200 in halves. Here are today's finds:

1952-D Silver Rosie
1962 Silver Rosie

1997 Great Britain Five Pence Coin
1992 Canadian 10 cent coin

1988-S Kennedy Half Dollar Proof

I have found three Kennedy proofs so far and just 1 1967 40% silver half. Not as much luck as most people seem to be having I guess....

Upvote 0
It is just a matter of timing. ?The last time I went to the bank I bought $1000 worth of halves, and got 60 40%, 6 90%, 2 proofs and 2 1974D double dies. ?Three weeks previous to that I bought $1000 worth of halves, and did not find one keeper.

Nice finds and a great way to kill cabin fever! Is that a Jock Strap on your avatar? HH, Mike

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds and a great way to kill cabin fever! Is that a Jock Strap on your avatar? HH, Mike

a jock strap? what?

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds and a great way to kill cabin fever!? Is that a Jock Strap on your avatar?? HH, Mike
:D :D :D That's freakin hilarious!!!!!HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!! A jock strap he says! Your killin me! :D :D :D

in the upper left hand corner of your pic ::) ::)

dekalb33 said:
in the upper left hand corner of your pic ::) ::)

hmmm.. i guess i'm missing something, haha, because i still dont get it

Looks like a poster of some kind to me are you guys on acid or something? Remove your posts and leave the guy alone before I report you.
I found a proof quarter in change from the store just last month. Search on you will find other cool things its just like metal detecting.

Keep @ it and HH!!

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Looks like a poster of some kind to me are you guys on acid or something? Remove your posts and leave the guy alone before I report you.
I found a proof quarter in change from the store just last month. Search on you will find other cool things its just like metal detecting.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Congrats on the proof quarter find. I have yet to find anything worthwhile after about $1000 in rolls of quarters so I just stick to dimes, halves, and nickels.

Yes, it is a poster, haha, oh well if they laugh, no worries from me.

packerbacker said:
How can you tell that a coin is a "proof" and not just a new coin?

Because it has an S mint mark on it and those were only made in proof sets for that year. Check out www.coinfacts.com to learn more about proofs for each year.

Here is a picture of my finds:

12-16-05.JPG

Those are some nice looking finds! I should mention that only newer coins have an S if they are a proof, also 1969 and 1970 they had S mintmarks and were NOT proofs :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back