Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quick park hunt this morning found what I think was a hunting blind from fifties around an old tree and found somebodies lost porridge spoon (I like making up scenarios in my mind how things were lost; the hunter lept forward to grab their winchester to get some prey just to have their favorite porridge spoon go tumbling into the dark morning grass to be lost until ole scrounge comes along seventy years later). Got a wheatie too then started raining hard so I bailed and am at home eating a gyro now, sorry no in situ stuff kind of a rainy day here so left phone in car...also didn't expect to find much. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0828.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
Upvote 21

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing as you like speculative scenarios I would also like to point out that the silver spoon may have actually been part of a much large hoard of treasure.

See there may have once been a group of three bandits, called the Silverados, who would plunder picnickers of their silverware and then stash it all by that tree. One day the law caught up to them and the Sheriff had the three lads lead him to their secret stash of treasure.

The Sheriff and his deputies removed over 300 pounds of silver from several large crates that the Silverados had hidden there.

The treasure was all returned, but for one spoon that was never located. As for the bandits they were all loaded into a catapult and launched into the sky where they vanished into the clouds never to be seen again. On clear nights however, when there is no moon, there appear three stars by the handle of the big dipper that local legend says are the souls of the bandits still trying to recover the last silver spoon that the sheriff never found.

By finding the last silver spoon you have finally put the legend to rest and the stars will now no longer appear on the moonless nights.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seeing as you like speculative scenarios I would also like to point out that the silver spoon may have actually been part of a much large hoard of treasure.

See there may have once been a group of three bandits, called the Silverados, who would plunder picnickers of their silverware and then stash it all by that tree. One day the law caught up to them and the Sheriff had the three lads lead him to their secret stash of treasure.

The Sheriff and his deputies removed over 300 pounds of silver from several large crates that the Silverados had hidden there.

The treasure was all returned, but for one spoon that was never located. As for the bandits they were all loaded into a catapult and launched into the sky where they vanished into the clouds never to be seen again. On clear nights however, when there is no moon, there appear three stars by the handle of the big dipper that local legend says are the souls of the bandits still trying to recover the last silver spoon that the sheriff never found.

By finding the last silver spoon you have finally put the legend to rest and the stars will now no longer appear on the moonless nights.
Silverados maybe stashed a hoard of Barber coins somewhere to the north, I must investigate but alas am in need of rejuvenation and respite. I will journey to the far off land of Olathe in search of the hoard on the morrow but may return with mere hotwheel cars and zincoln pennies (or other cool stuff to pontificate). Keep ya posted ;).

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great story Miner. I really enjoyed it. :laughing7::laughing7: Stay safe and keep swingin.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick park hunt this morning found what I think was a hunting blind from fifties around an old tree and found somebodies lost porridge spoon (I like making up scenarios in my mind how things were lost; the hunter lept forward to grab their winchester to get some prey just to have their favorite porridge spoon go tumbling into the dark morning grass to be lost until ole scrounge comes along seventy years later). Got a wheatie too then started raining hard so I bailed and am at home eating a gyro now, sorry no in situ stuff kind of a rainy day here so left phone in car...also didn't expect to find much. Enjoy!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that spoon is stunning, wtg!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope! Not a porridge spoon! No one eats porridge in a blind. It's for scooping cold co corned beef hash out the can. Other than that your scenario is excellent! I'm glad others do this too!

Here's one for you. Bottle dump in the desert full of nothing but bean cans, a ton of wine bottles with a few Bayer aspirin bottles here & there with burned cabin remains nearby. What picture does that draw in your head? Tried to picture the person / scenario for years.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope! Not a porridge spoon! No one eats porridge in a blind. It's for scooping cold co corned beef hash out the can. Other than that your scenario is excellent! I'm glad others do this too!

Here's one for you. Bottle dump in the desert full of nothing but bean cans, a ton of wine bottles with a few Bayer aspirin bottles here & there with burned cabin remains nearby. What picture does that draw in your head? Tried to picture the person / scenario for years.
It's truly a sad tale. Starts back east during the war between the states. Our soldier was an early bloomer, large farm hand from birth so no surprise that he saw the elephant during Shiloh at the age of fourteen. After taking an enfield slug in the leg and the subsequent amputation our young soldier scrapes together what limited resources he has and heads west to look for gold (he has heard the rumors of the streams filled with nuggets size of Robin's eggs from the idle campfire chatter). Shell shocked from the war our soldier ends up a middle aged man on an expanse of worthless desert scrub journeying into town once a month on his mule 'Jack' to get his fix of dandelion wine and a case of his favorite baked beans, only allowing himself the indulgence of a bottle of aspirin to dull the pain in his leg and heart.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s a beautiful sterling spoon. Congratulations

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's truly a sad tale. Starts back east during the war between the states. Our soldier was an early bloomer, large farm hand from birth so no surprise that he saw the elephant during Shiloh at the age of fourteen. After taking an enfield slug in the leg and the subsequent amputation our young soldier scrapes together what limited resources he has and heads west to look for gold (he has heard the rumors of the streams filled with nuggets size of Robin's eggs from the idle campfire chatter). Shell shocked from the war our soldier ends up a middle aged man on an expanse of worthless desert scrub journeying into town once a month on his mule 'Jack' to get his fix of dandelion wine and a case of his favorite baked beans, only allowing himself the indulgence of a bottle of aspirin to dull the pain in his leg and heart.
EXCELLENT! A couple of the bottles had remnants of labels that looked like decals they were so old from a local winery that we think went under in the late 1800s.

Why the hell aren't you writing books? You'd do well.

Last edited:

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great yarn :)

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
EXCELLENT! A couple of the bottles had remnants of labels that looked like decals they were so old from a local winery that we think went under in the late 1800s.

Why the hell aren't you writing books? You'd do well.
Thanks that was fun. Appreciate the encouragement, I think underminer has got me beat in the imagination department although there is a science fiction type story that has been rattling around my dome for years, maybe I'll try to start penning it to paper one day and see what happens.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet, nice save. like that silver, love that spoon

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks that was fun. Appreciate the encouragement, I think underminer has got me beat in the imagination department although there is a science fiction type story that has been rattling around my dome for years, maybe I'll try to start penning it to paper one day and see what happens.
Do it! I'd bet good money you'd Excell!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread