CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is todays V-field finds, about ready to give up on ever finding any silver there. Got a 1940 and 1948 wheats. And what looks kinda like a gun shell cartridge ,but I don't know it measures point 56-ish inches. Did they make them in that size? Biggest I have found out here so far has been 45 caliber. On the far left another Model A or T perhaps valve stem cover even has some silver plating left. What about that brass piece which is a bit broken but looks like a possible rifle part to me, what do you think?

Happy Hunts
CARM

Attachments

• 3_23_2012 mVfield.JPG
    3_23_2012 mVfield.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0
You might try the what is it fourm for that one item, I would keep after that area, Looks like you getting it cleaned up enough to find some silver.. good targets you are finding it seems.

Interesting maybe looks like a latch of some sort but cant tell for sure

Its far from clean still. Have a designated scrap metal piling spot agreed upon with farmer. Was finding some rather large iron pieces in same holes with the high targets. Some of the iron was cast type. Makes pinpointing difficult even with small coil. Have been using the discriminate sweep method of getting signal then backing up just till it quits. Then its right in front of coil generally. Still hard getting signal out at times. Oh got another ax head out there yesterday, think this makes the count 4 so far for that spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back