More Than One First

AFGIRet95

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2007
SW MO
Detector(s) used
White's 6000/DI Pro SL
Okay, I went out to get my fix after jealously reading the posts earlier. I achieved three firsts today with my ol trusty White's 6000 at a new neighborhood site I recieved permission to tect! Used to be an old house there that has been demo'd.

Started out by finding a car and a crane (toys :wink:), darn things rang in the quarter/fifty cent range on my Whites...not a first though. I got my first next... my first pocket spill (all clad unfortunately, 2 quarters, a dime, and 6 pennies).

On to the next, got a signal which read high in the nickle/pull tab range (almost into the penny range) so I decided to dig it (I have read it many times on the forum) and I swear I was doing the happy dance all around that lot (at least, in my mind since I'm getting older and want to conserve my strength :thumbsup:) when I pulled that ladies gold ring out of the ground. Sorry to disappoint all (not as disappointed as me of course :'() but it did not look right so I cleaned some of the dirt off and looked inside the band. It had a mark all right, yep.... Avon! But still, it's my first gold (looking) ring.

Finally, the third first. I found my first gun! A little snub nose revolver (toy :D). Hadn't seen one like it since the early seventies. Laying next to it was a cheap religious medal (Catholic). Some poor child was saved from a life of crime. :icon_scratch:

I have yet to do more than a small percentage of the lot. I have found 3 wheaties, 1919s, 1950, and a 1956. So... I know I will hit a silver coin or two... amoung the clad, zincolns, can slaw, cars, etc., etc. I will keep you posted. Sorry, wife has camera and won't be back till the 19th... mmmm... gives me time to tect the Walnut Lot. :thumbsup: Happy tecting to ya' all.

Upvote 0
Congrats on the ring. Now you know why we always say to dig nickles and pulltabs! May take digging 400 of them, but eventually you're going to get a ring.

Way to go :thumbsup: Welcome to TNet and don't forget the pics :wink:

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back