Morgans

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well to me and what looks like most of America, there seems to be a taking to this coin. I can't ever walk out of coin shop without some for some reason. They also seem to be at any place a collector can set up shop, thought mostly culls. I pay between 14-17 a piece. If it's not a obvious high grade my dealer doesn't worry about it.

Guess the question is, not counting BU and other high grades, do you think they are a pretty safe bet as far as increase in value? Besides my dealer the minimum I see these selling for at shows is $20 a pop. I'm not sure if people are buying these though. So what do you think a good price on circulated morgans are to buy and sell?

scotty1418

Jan 21, 2009
The really circulated morgans have a value closely associated with the silver spot price. Nicer grade ones depend.

Buy price to me would be 10-14. Seems like sell prices are 14-17.

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
morgans and peace have about .76 troy ounces of silver. right now, about 13-14 bucks in silver.

i think people will always like these, and a premium of 1-2 bucks over melt is something you'll recover when you sell as long as the coin is not damaged or polished. if they are damaged, then buy at melt. ugly rounds made by the govt are pretty nice in my book if you can get them at spot.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi nyiangelo, :hello:

You can't go wrong with Morgans in my opinion. On common dates I would stick to fine or better coins though, always a little premium on those. VG and below grades, and damaged coins go for junk silver value. There is a better premium on pre-21 XF-AU coins. Buy all those you can if you can find them for $17 or below.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread