Morning finds

Mudhen

Mar 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here. Just got my Tracker4 yesterday. Found a nail and two pieces of aluminum.
This morning, a big nch of nails in one place, on the next swath I found a SS knife blade with the point straight up less than 1/4 inch below ground surface . That rather shook me !! Then I got a strong signal under a hackberry tree. Found a steel plate, covered up the hole and it signaled again, yes I remember now, check the hole again!!! Four more steel plates and a piece of wire.
The former owner years ago encouraged scrap. I have an idea I will find lots...this was 6-8 inches underground. Before I got the MD I dug up lots of bigger stuff.
I also found a toy airplane , looks like maybe red and 3-4 inches. I think it is pot metal.
I want to go over this entire place. It was homesteaded in the 1800's . I am the 3rd owner. A friend cut down a huge oak tree that had pounds of nails in it......

Upvote 6

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Welcome to TNET!! We enjoy pics..even if it's not always coins!!! Happy Hunting and good luck on your site!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Take your time and remove all you can(providing you don't tear your lawn up) iron does a rather good job nulling out the goodies that await you.

Welcome and good hunting.

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
M

Mudhen

Mar 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate any and all pointers. I have been appalled at what found in the past. I have also considered a magnet, but these nails were all several inches below ground. Right now the ground is wet!! So digging is rather easy, except for roots. Also I recently came to the opinion that the soil was gravely. Every where I have dug I have found creek gravel. I am above the creek by at least 50 ft...in other words no way could the creek even get close here.
If you will tell me how to load pictures from an Android phone I will try!

OP
OP
M

Mudhen

Mar 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was in the original homesteaders era.

I found a 6 foot chain , think it might be the trace?
A horse shoe from a small draft, a 6 inch bolt with a smooth 1/2 dollar size head and a
square throat. It might be called a peg.
One nail and a square link of chain that might go on a wagon.
Most of this was 6 inches under.

There was a strong beep under the cedar tree but I could not get past the roots.
Lots more iron sounds in a 20 square ft. area there.

Arrowheads but really did they make them 3/8 inch?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats how we learn Im not sure what detector you have but it might help to make a test garden in your yard with a penny nickel dime quarter some pop tops and some nails space them apart and learn the sounds they make when you sweep your coil over them...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome also Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread