What's new

MORNING HUNT 10-24-09

outlaw007

Bronze Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
ILLINIOS
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOT TO MANY FINDS TODAY JUST ONE WHEATIE , 1891 INDIAN AND SOME TYPE OF BUCKLE ! MAYBE WATERCOLOR MIGHT KNOW. I ALSO POSTED IT ON THE WHAT IS IT? hoping for a better day on sunday!
 

Attachments

  • P1030255.webp
    P1030255.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 173
  • P1030254.webp
    P1030254.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 161
  • P1030255.webp
    P1030255.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 172
  • P1030254.webp
    P1030254.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 176
  • P1030262.webp
    P1030262.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 192
Cool stuff. I thought I was digging about 50 IH's this morning but none turned out to be IH's...

Joe
 
Looks like a good hunt to me, Mike! Nice finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We didn't get out until around 2:30 because of the rain.... :-\
 
Cool buckle Mike! Way to squeeze out the IH too!
 
Cool finds Mike! Never saw a buckle like that before... you gotta be pretty cool to wear one of those.
 
Nice!
I wonder if the buckle could be a hairpiece or barrette of some kind with the rest of the holdy part missing? (Hard to tell the size of it from your photo - is it too large to wear on a ladies head?)
 
Mike, that really is a cool. . . whatever :D and a nice Indian too!

Regarding the "what's-it", I'd be inclined to think horse tack related.
The three "tongs" on the reverse suggest that it may have at one time
been crimped onto a piece of leather as some sort of decoration. It's a
really neat piece :thumbsup:
 
Yep, whatever is is, it looks as old as the Indian. Cool!
 
Looks like it came off one of those fancy old band-players hats, uh-huh! I want one!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom