What's new

Mortar And Pestle??

HastingsHunters

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
30
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hastings County
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Whites XLT 1.1
Tesoro Deleon
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Found this in a hole with a copper arrow head. We also have found copper knives at the same site. Natives in our area did have access to copper. So I'm thinking a mortar and Pestle. The pestle has finger grooves worn into it from so much use. The bottom of the palm sized mortal is worn almost flat. They fit perfectly together.

ForumRunner_20130917_194122.webp



ForumRunner_20130917_194051.webp



ForumRunner_20130917_194018.webp



ForumRunner_20130917_194000.webp



ForumRunner_20130917_193914.webp

Will put up a better pic when I get them clean. Will put copper artifacts under a different thread.
 
Upvote 0
Someone on facebook says the mortar is in the shape of a triangle because it was used by a shaman. Apparently the triangle was a shape of power according to a guy on FB. Anybody?
 
No sorry looks to be rocks from what I can see.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom