What's new

Mosquitoes

I went out for a little early evening hunt. It only lasted about a half hour before I had to leave. With each swipe of the coil I would stir up mosquitoes! By the time I couldn't take it anymore, I had a huge cloud dive bombing me. I had to literally run back to the car. I guess I better lather myself down with deet the next time. Unless anyone knows a more effective mosquito repellent.

I started using the dry formula OFF in the orange can a few weeks ago after being bitten by deer flies on a hunt. It works pretty well.
 
I USE a product with Deet also. Good for ticks as well as the wife when she's a little bit##y.
 
I agree, DEET is the only thing that works down here.
 
For those who don't, for one reason or another, want to use DEET, you could try eating a lot more garlic. When I worked in salt marshes with mosquitoes and biting flies, I didn't like the deet running into my eyes with sweat, so ate enough garlic to repel them. My wife joked (I think) that she could smell me when I pulled into the driveway at night.
 
I definitely eat a lot of garlic this time of year and use products with deet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom