Motor Home as a Treasure Hunting/Prospector mobile

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a motorhome that a man is coming by to buy. I didn't post about it earlier because I didn't want to appear to be selling it on TN as I'm not a Charter Member, but now that we have it sold, I wonder what others on TNet think. I had thought about using it as a prospector vehicle. We may end up doing something like that in the future, but not now. I'm just wondering if others use a motorhome for that purpose, and any recommended modifications. I think the one we're selling would be perfect because it's so short. When we delve back into this in the future would a larger or a short one be better? I like the short cause it can go anywhere, but you sacrifice a separate bedroom. Just wondering what others have done, so that when I get in better financial shape I can start over, and find another motorhome. I'm gonna miss my little shorty, but haven't used it for prospecting, and don't know if it makes sense. My current one is 24' would a larger 30' be better? or would short (because it goes just about anywhere) be better? Hubby thinks larger, I think Smaller.... What do ya'll think.... I This is my little shorty, I'm gonna miss her.... But, The bills had to be paid...
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 8.40.20 PM.png

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy big. You can always downsize.
"Sacrificing" a "2nd" bedroom suggests your needs.
Heck, I get a good nights rest in the bed of my truck. ;)
GL
Peace ✌

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the amount of room you need. Storage or otherwise. I like your shorty but brighter times ahead.

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy big. You can always downsize.
"Sacrificing" a "2nd" bedroom suggests your needs.
Heck, I get a good nights rest in the bed of my truck. ;)
GL
Peace ✌

LOL... Well ya gotta have all the comforts while "roughing it" after a hard day in the creek.... and a fridge for all the champagne... gotta make a toast for every find right?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The perfecto combination for me would be one big enough motorwise to tow a small 4x4 pickup (toyota or ranger) with a camper shell.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had camper shells but I like to stand up and move around. I have a small pull trailer I think is 18 or 19 feet. I like to be able to unhook it and drive to where I want to go. I have a 4 wheel drive PU and it will go most places off road but not with the trailer.

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have become a charter member and sold shorty to a prospector.... I just sold mine to a dealer for $9500 it's NADA is $23,968. had a V-10 on an e450 chassis with 14K towing capacity, Generator, holding tanks, with 57K miles, K&N airfilter & new tires... My little shorty was a monster that could pull anything... It just looked like a little wimp at 24 ft... Hopefully, when I get the house sold, I can find another one like her. Doing the fix up that needs to be done before we sell the house required me to sell it... But I'll find another one if I really get into prospecting. Just gotta convince the hubby that a shorty is the way to go again... Ya can't put a pontoon in the water with a 30+ footer, with the short ones you can do anything you'd do with a large pickup. They ain't just for camping. Ahhh.... Seller's remorse.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn! That was a hard loss!!
Never seems to be a sellers market?
Hope you can absorb the loss.
GL
Peace ✌

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm putting together a list of treasure leads from various sources. Someday when I retire I hope to R.V. across the country and try to find these treasures!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just make sure when buying you have sewer & greywater up under and not clear back by the bumper! Was constantly busting the plumbing in my Lazydaze! I think I qualify as an expert in gluing plastic pipe in any terrain! Shorty RV & an ATV on a little HF trailer would be a nice setup for all around anywhere fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread