Mouth watering

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
My mouth waters when I see some of the great finds you guys all make. Old coins, jewelry, relics. WOW! What great hunters you are. As for me... well, I found a little bit this morning, a total of 84 cents

moneynjunk050508.jpg

and a pair of kids sunglasses.

sunglasses050508.jpg

The best part was I got to meet a couple of Th'ers. I rarely see anyone while I'm out hunting but this morning I met two! One was from Michigan and is considered a "snowbird" here in Florida. A real nice guy but unfortunately I can't remember his name. He wasn't finding much - at least that is what he told me. And we all know that all Th'ers tell everything they find. ::)

The second guy I met was Bob, from around here. He was also a very nice guy and was going to do some water hunting. I watched him for a short while since I am interested in learning how to do that and right off the bat he started finding stuff. He found a quarter because he yelled to me that he found his first quarter and it was going to pay for his parking. He told me that he usually does not hunt in the mornings - he prefers to hunt in the evening when people are going home. NO WONDER I AM NOT FINDING MUCH! :D

Oh well It was a pretty morning and 84 cents isn't bad - I'll take it. ;D

Upvote 0

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
I started to just dig anything and everything. your arms get sore but eventualy it pays off. Every gold piece ive found was showing up as junk on my detector.

LT

Just keep at it. Gold and gems, I see in your future.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
The sunglasses look really big in the picture but they are actually very small for a little kid. He/she probably lost them because they couldn't see out of them and they threw them down. ;D

The pull tabs I collect for my club who saves them for two different charities. I had an ice cream container (gal) last time and my sister in law wanted them for her grandson who was collecting them for school. They get a better grade if they bring in a lot of them. Heh heh What ever happened to learning to read, write and do arithmatic? You get good grades for bringing in pull tabs? ???

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumzie, we just keep at it..and the goodies will come to us.. so hang in there. Am rite there with ya.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you got out and had some fun, that's all that really matters. You'll find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...We all get skunked at one time or another. HH

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Getting there. If ya pulling tabs you will get a nice ring eventually. :icon_sunny:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your still ahead of me by 36 cents :thumbsup: , my weekend hunt was a big flop.

I did not even make my daily quota of ten pulltabs :-[

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I think you did just fine! I went out yesterday and managed 32 cents, 4 pulltabs, a tire weight, some lead blobs....and well....can slaw! lol Your finds are lookin pretty fine to me! Keep at it sweet lady! ~hugs~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread