What's new

Moving to Sebring, FL

VERODIGDUG

Full Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
145
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm moving from Vero Beach, FL to Sebring, FL and im curious if anyone knows if they allow md'ing in the many lakes around town?
Thanks for any help
 
Upvote 0
The biggest Gator in the State is in one of the lakes in Sebring FL. Good luck!!
 
"I'd rather be lucky than good"

Haha hopefully I pick the lake without the biggest gator in FL!
 
Yes ive hunted in the area a good bit over the last few years before finally buying a home here. You will likely run into Gil and another guys over there. they hunt those lakes and small beaches. Avon Park has a few as well worth taking a look at. Them gators dont bother you. Ive found bring your neighbors cat along keeps their attention. Quit a change from Vero to sleepy town.

Dew
 
Thanks!

Yeah big big difference but just had a baby girl and my in-laws live in Frostproof. We'd like to be closer to the fam so we're making the move. Plus Alan Jay is a good company to work for and after moving from the Jerzy Shore to Boynton beach to Vero Beach, a sleepy town sounds good to me!
 
I wouldn't worry to much , the Gator is in the State Park.
 
Talking about that state park.... they have a fish fry there on Fri nights you might check into. Might just be during the snow bird timeframe..... but its outstanding. Also get out there when the the FLYWHEELERS have their flee market in the winter it a fun day .... sometimes 2 days unless you take a golf cart or rent one there. Seabring its self to me is busy with 27 going thru it.

Dew
 
I'll be sure to stay out of any lake in a state park! Seems like a good family oriented town. Looking forward to living there. I'll be sure to check out both events u mentioned.
Thanks!
 
I just spent five years in Sebring and Avon Park. A nice laid back place to live. My two favorite hunting spots are the lakes in Avon Park. The one on Mainstreet has a large sandy beach and that is where everyone sits on the fourth of July to watch the fireworks. Just north of town on 27 you will see a lake on your left going north, there is a large Seventh Day Adventists church on the West side. In the roaring twenties the site where the church is was the largest casino in the south, on the east side of the lake was a large hotel, I have hunted the lake and not really found anything fantastic but i never really worked it hard. Good luck ,Doug
 
Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom