Moving to Vegas- Clubs? Advice?

lyndylou

Jun 11, 2006
Northern CA
I am moving to Vegas in Oct. I know nothing about hunting there, well except that gold is the ticket and I have no clue as to how that works. Have any advice on clubs to join, where to hunt, if there is any hope trying to hunt out there. I am moving from the Bay Area where I hunt beaches and grassy parks, the desert thing is new territory I know nothing about. I appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Look up "Desert Outfitters" when you get there- not a club a shop that sells supplies, including metal detectors.
I was just getting into detecting the year before I left, I think there are some real good possibilities out towards the redrock area, if it hasn't been completely developed by now. There is a goldfield to the north and east of Pahrump, just over the hills from Vegas, and one just south of Boulder City, too. Claim markers out there are generally piles of rocks, keep an eye open and stay off valid claims.

In the city, look for any development near downtown or the strip of course. These are the older, more affluent areas.

karl-mxt

Jan 23, 2007
nevada
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
lyndylou said:
I am moving to Vegas in Oct. I know nothing about hunting there, well except that gold is the ticket and I have no clue as to how that works. Have any advice on clubs to join, where to hunt, if there is any hope trying to hunt out there. I am moving from the Bay Area where I hunt beaches and grassy parks, the desert thing is new territory I know nothing about. I appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks

Hi lou...
Im new here and not sure if you will read this but i see you are moveing to vegas? i live just over the hump in pahrump and you will be glad to know theres gold in them hills...happy hunting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions