What's new

Mr. Apush

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of late, Mr. Apush has had all the luck (little that there is). I picked up 3 boxes of halves today. I always give Mr. Apush one of the boxes to keep him interested in the "craft." We sit out in our backyard screened-in-porch, and generally swim a bit--now that it is tad hot in Texas--then proceed to pop the tops off a few beers and go coin hunting. This happens every Thursday night. It's our "family time."

I search 2 boxes and Mr. Apush searches 1. Both of my boxes were skunks. It was highly depressing to say the least. >:(
I had looked forward all week--especially tonight as this was the last day of school--to pull a few silvers. Oh well, next time. But, low and behold,
Mr. Apush finds a few silvers and thinks he has conquered the world (yep, I let him think that ;D). He pulled 2-90% Kennedy's; 3-1967s; 1-1968D; 1-1969D, plus 1-2007P and 1-2009D (for good measure).

Not the standards as most here have on the net, but good for this old couple who love spending quality time together.

Mrs. Apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Mrs. Apush , I've noticed you regularly pull the "old" card - now if I remember correctly you
are younger than my 52 years - and I don't yet refer to myself as old - I'm not sure you can
claim old age until you're about 80 years or so , but I realize this is a highly subjective topic.
I raise a glass to your good health (but not your advanced age - yet !) Godbless ,
Argentium. ( ps. may the silver goddess smile upon you ! )
 
apush said:
As of late, Mr. Apush has had all the luck (little that there is). I picked up 3 boxes of halves today. I always give Mr. Apush one of the boxes to keep him interested in the "craft." We sit out in our backyard screened-in-porch, and generally swim a bit--now that it is tad hot in Texas--then proceed to pop the tops off a few beers and go coin hunting. This happens every Thursday night. It's our "family time."

I search 2 boxes and Mr. Apush searches 1. Both of my boxes were skunks. It was highly depressing to say the least. >:(
I had looked forward all week--especially tonight as this was the last day of school--to pull a few silvers. Oh well, next time. But, low and behold,
Mr. Apush finds a few silvers and thinks he has conquered the world (yep, I let him think that ;D). He pulled 2-90% Kennedy's; 3-1967s; 1-1968D; 1-1969D, plus 1-2007P and 1-2009D (for good measure).

Not the standards as most here have on the net, but good for this old couple who love spending quality time together.

Mrs. Apush :read2:

Okay here's the plan. Since Mr.Apush obviously has the "silver thumb"let him search the halves and you pick up a box of pennies. Don't let him touch that Penny box though,he might pull a dozen IH's.
I'm not superstitious but when my granddaughter is around she always asks me,"Papa, do you want me to give you a kiss for good luck"? Works every time.
Good Score Mr.Apush :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
Argentium said:
Mrs. Apush , I've noticed you regularly pull the "old" card - now if I remember correctly you
are younger than my 52 years - and I don't yet refer to myself as old - I'm not sure you can
claim old age until you're about 80 years or so , but I realize this is a highly subjective topic.
I raise a glass to your good health (but not your advanced age - yet !) Godbless ,
Argentium. ( ps. may the silver goddess smile upon you ! )

Apush,
I noticed the same thing " the old card". You are not even old enough to remember spending a 90%er.
You know it's funny,I don't realize how old I am,until I catch my reflection in the mirror. No matter how cleverly I sneak up on that thing,I always find my father staring back at me. :icon_scratch:
Best,
Rich
 
Yea I say let (make) him search all the boxes, he has the luck use it to its full advantage. HH Mark
 
I think it's nice you let him search the good boxes. Friend of mine does the same with his better half. She always get gets the good boxes.
HH
Gilbert
 
Well, I guess being in the education business adds a few "dog years" on an individual :laughing7:.

I might retire from the public school system at 55, then go to work as a bank teller. :laughing9:.

And yes, Mr. Hartford, guess I need some hugs and kisses from my granddaughter--that out to do the trick!

apush :read2:
 
too bad ur boxes were skunks...but his was actually pretty good, u should talk him into letting u keep what he finds in his box(es) if u havent already! :laughing9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom