Mucking Bottles..

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mucking Bottles..Pictures

Hit the outgoing tide with my buddy Billy, managed two bottles and three stoppers..nailed a John Morgan blob and a William T. Lins German pharmacy bottle (embossed ) both from NYC. Will post pictures when I get home from the Dr.s (nail removed from foot)

Last edited:
Upvote 6

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hit the outgoing tide with my buddy Billy, managed two bottles and three stoppers..nailed a John Morgan blob and a William T. Lins German pharmacy bottle (embossed ) both from NYC. Will post pictures when I get home from the Dr.s (nail removed from foot)

Hey Muck! I can't wait to see them. Stoppers are so cool. Get well soon

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tetanus shot?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the upside is your good for 10 years now, so happy stopping. BTW get well soon...ouch!

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a couple of pictures of yesterday's finds...

William T. Lins ..German Pharmacy 137 8th Ave NY (cracked lip)
Lins.jpg

John Morgan Blob Top
Morgan.jpg

Some stoppers and such..
Other.jpg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya done good muckman that's some really nice bottle diggin' !

Be careful and hope all is well , that rusty nail removal procedure is no joke , ouch :unhappysmiley:

mnixon

Apr 2, 2010
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
Mr MuckyBottles ,how's the foot feeling today ? hope it feels better .... what time frame are those bottles from, if I might ask ? They are in great shape !!

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice digs Mucky!!! The mister and Ibought a used bottle tumbler a few weeks ago and have tumbled a few bottles and the results are unbelievable.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Mucky!!! The mister and Ibought a used bottle tumbler a few weeks ago and have tumbled a few bottles and the results are unbelievable.

Yea, thats on my shopping list. My wifey says I spend to much on my hobbies (MD'ing, Bottles, Hunting, Fishing, etc) so I may go your route and get a used one..whats the range on a bottle tumbler?

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr MuckyBottles ,how's the foot feeling today ? hope it feels better .... what time frame are those bottles from, if I might ask ? They are in great shape !!

The John Morgan is from the 1890's and the Lins is somewhere between 1900-1910. Thanks for inquiring about the foot, yea I will be out again tomorrow, after all I have another foot...lol

***Side note, working on removing a 1 or 2 gallon Blob top Water Jug from the hudson river muck, its a slow and steady process

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yea, thats on my shopping list. My wifey says I spend to much on my hobbies (MD'ing, Bottles, Hunting, Fishing, etc) so I may go your route and get a used one..whats the range on a bottle tumbler?

We got a great deal. Guy from our metal detecting club built it a few years ago and sold it to us for around $175. The cleaning supplies and copper is what runs the cost up.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your still able to get out and hunt in your area, Love those bottle finds, Hope the foot heals quick.

It's just a foot..ground is still rock hard..but I still have the nasty muck of the hudson river to hunt..and treasure is plentiful. .and I will be slopping in it at day break tomorrow...

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got a great deal. Guy from our metal detecting club built it a few years ago and sold it to us for around $175. The cleaning supplies and copper is what runs the cost up.

Not bad at all..cut wire or do you use brass bb's? Aluminum oxide for the polishing compound? I have a tumbler for spent casings for when I reload, would that work or are the rpm's all wrong.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice blob top and getting stoppers is alway nice.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not bad at all..cut wire or do you use brass bb's? Aluminum oxide for the polishing compound? I have a tumbler for spent casings for when I reload, would that work or are the rpm's all wrong.
It's cut copper wire and yes,alumninum oxide for polishing. There is a thread on the bottle forum with the info on the specs on the machine and where we got some of our supplies titled My first bottle hunt penned by me.

Last edited:

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mucking for bottles might be my favorite way to find em, at least so far in my experiences. I gotta find some new rivers though.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions