What's new

Mud Huntin

Fenway

Full Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
129
Reaction score
183
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mud Huntin'

Had a great day out in the mud. I'm hoping the pocket watch is gold. It came out clean, just needed to be rinsed off. It's very heavy! I was surprised to see only one silver coin. Lots of digging small pieces of copper, but it was worth it.

I'm not sure what the other piece of lead is. Looks like a part of it is broken off. It looks like it is stamped "IV". Any thoughts?

The coin from Cyprus is a first for me. It has two dates 1960 and 1963. I researched pics and all of their coins have the 1960 in addition to another date. I'm guessing they gained their independence in 1960?

20140816_092447.webp20140816_092835.webp20140816_092906.webp20140816_093053.webp

Making the most of my time before I have to go back to school! More to come...

HH
Fenway
 
Upvote 0
Very cool watch. Congrats!
 
Even if not a golden watch its still a great find in my book !!!
 
Love that pocket watch!

That's on my "bucket list"

congrats on the silver , also!

Lorraine
 
Great hunt! !
Awesome watch
 
WOW nice hunt WTG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom