Muscat and Oman coin.

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Dug this up today at a house they tore down from the early 1900's. Its a 1/4 Anna Muscat and Oman coin, from what I found out its from 1897 or a AH1315 and quite rare. Has anyone seen this before or maybe has a value? Thanks

ForumRunner_20130623_154740.png

ForumRunner_20130623_154756.png

Upvote 0
There's one on ebay for $16 but maybe it's a different variety

Think I need to get this one checked, google it and ebay coins came up of my coin ranging from 65. To 400 dollars. ??? Depending on condition.

Yes, and I'm aware there are somewhere north of 20 variations of this same coin, mainly in the legend; and the two extreme values differ widely.
If I can find more, I'll let you know.
Don....
PS: As an afterthought, you may wish to look into the Standard Catalog of World Coins (1801 to 1900) at your local library.

Last edited:
Nice find there ray ! Foreign coins are always icing on the cake for me, value doesn't matter, its special because I found it =)

Yes, and I'm aware there are somewhere north of 20 variations of this same coin, mainly in the legend; and the two extreme values differ widely.
If I can find more, I'll let you know.
Don....
PS: As an afterthought, you may wish to look into the Standard Catalog of World Coins (1801 to 1900) at your local library.

Thanks Don I appreciate that, either way it was a fun find, sucker was deep and took a lot of hard Vegas dirt diggin. =)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back