What's new

✅ SOLVED Muscatine 2 1/2 cent token

Umbrahabitator

Full Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2020
Messages
100
Reaction score
196
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The front face says "Good for Return Over Mississippi River"
The back face says "Muscatine Bridge Co. 2 1/2 CTS"

I can find old eBay listings and that is about it, I would really like to know its history, year of creation, and perhaps its approximate worth (and if it will get me across the river still :laughing7: )

20200628_173415.webp20200628_173421.webp

Thank you
 
Welcome to T-Net. Really great find!
Jim
 
Upvote 0
Thank you, this is one of the sites I found but couldn't find a date anywhere.
 
Upvote 0
The company was organized in 1888 and the bridge was finished in 1891.
The original toll was limited by city ordinance to 15 cents each way for teams and five cents for each person.
Don...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom