What's new

Museum donation

ArmyJoe

Full Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
137
Reaction score
334
Golden Thread
0
Location
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been shipped to Korea and finally made it out to do some digging since the ground has thawed out. I pretty much just went up in the mountains and I have no idea where I was at on the map since I can't read or speak Korean... My technique was to just find an area that looked like an old road bed and start swinging. So I had my Excalibur with me and went to it. I found several old nails before getting the hit on the metal bowl. So I dug down and down and down I was amazed at the depth the Excalibur went to to find this stuff. The metal bowl and pottery pieces were just over 2 feet deep.

Hope you enjoy the pics! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456622131.340145.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456622150.570258.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456622168.921196.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456622185.688115.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456622199.539464.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456622209.037885.webp

Happy hunting all!
Joe
 
Upvote 20
That's awesome. Any clue on how old this find is ?
 
Found some info on the pottery and it dates to the Goreyo Dynasty around 918-1392 making this pottery a little over 600 years old at a minimum. Unfortunately no way to ID a specific year. I plan on donating it to a local museum or college. Korea considers things like this cultural heritage artifacts. Just happy to have found something so cool
 
Nice save joe looks like your gonna do fine out where your at pm me your new number
 
Awesome finds. Can't wait to see what you pull out next
 
Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to get out again this week! Can't wait to see what comes out of the ground
 
Awesome find! Please keep us posted on your finds. :occasion14:
 
NOW THATS A FIND ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom