What's new

Musician Button ID Please

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday my Wife and I had to travel to Raleigh NC To meet with the state for a budget meeting. Someone conveniently stowed my detector aboard our truck. ;D Hehee well, I had an hour, so I hit a site of supposed past Civil War activity. It looks like (if I had to guess) a buttton off a musicians uniform. It has seen better days and the back is caved in leaving no Backmark info. The shank or eyelet was still in the back. Any clues? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC00015.webp
    DSC00015.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC00016.webp
    DSC00016.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 226
correct musician/band member - date? hard without backmark
 
Upvote 0
However I guy that I MD with in Va. also found one in a Confederate camp used during CW.
That is still a nice looking button and will display nicely no matter what.
Congrats.

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
fortbball9 said:
However I guy that I MD with in Va. also found one in a Confederate camp used during CW.
That is still a nice looking button and will display nicely no matter what.
Congrats.

fortbball9

I believe this design was used during the CW (not saying that is one is though)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom