What's new

Musket Ball

SilverCoinHound

Full Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2024
Messages
190
Reaction score
1,636
Golden Thread
0
Silverless and sad in 2026, but found what appears to be a musket ball. Found in Northern NJ.
IMG_5911.webp
IMG_5912.webp
IMG_5913.webp
 
Upvote 5
Just searched the forums, didn't realize how common these are, looks like many hundreds or more found and posted here.
 
I enjoy finding musket balls. The ones I find are in mainly areas that have seen no or little military activity but settlers have often been retired military from the Revolutionary War and War of 1812. Most of the ones I have found are unfired. I can imagine how easy it would be to drop one when hunting or just loading your musket and how hard it would be to find it in the weeds and grass. There were millions, maybe billions of these made in factories and many were also cast by hunters and farmers.
 
yes it is a good find. Where it is dented could be where the shooter tamped it in the gun
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom