What's new

Musket / Flintlock Vent Pick ( Maybe...?)

Dismal Swampy

Full Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Messages
222
Reaction score
1,145
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this up on Sunday at the permission I have been hitting this past months.
It was about 5" down along with a bunch of square head nails.
Its 4" long and still has a pretty sharp point on it
20260405_002513.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20260408_204011.webp
    20260408_204011.webp
    293.9 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 8
Definitely too big, they were usually only a couple inches long.
 
Carter pin with one leg rusted off?
s-l1200 (5).webp
 
Interesting find.
 
I wouldn't rule out a vent pick. Somebody might have wanted one that was harder to lose. :dontknow:
I agree .. I measured mine and it is 3 1/4 inches long.. so that one you found isn't all that much bigger
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom