bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: MXT Eclipse 950

I personally would not go over 450.00 for a used one especially if it just has the stock coil that came with it. It depends on how old it is and you can get that information from whites by telling them the serial number. I would have the owner give a demonstration and show you how it works and show you that all knobs and toggles work also. Make sure the screen is not all scratched up also. If it passes all the test and works properly go for it as it is one heck of a metal detector and my favorite one so far for the types of hunting I do. Tim

OP
OP
B

buggs

Greenie
Mar 15, 2011

Thanks bigtim for your response.

May I ask what type of hunting you do with your MD?

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like to look for old coins and civil war stuff. Hopefully one day I will get to use the gold prospecting program also. I always dig good reapeatable signals also. I have had some pretty good times out metal detecting. It is a very fun hobby and to tell you the truth I do not know if I like actually what I find detecting or the experience of just being outdoors in the piece and quite more. It is a very rewarding hobby. If you get the MXT you need to take the time to get to know it and it is very user friendly also. If you are not familiar with detecting it will be a machine you will not have to worry with upgrading later on either as it is probably one of Whites best selling machines. Do not always trust what the screen is telling you and always dig good repeatable signals and you will have better luck than people who just dig what their screen is telling them.

OP
OP
B

buggs

Greenie
Mar 15, 2011

Thanks for the info bigtim. I really do appreciate it.

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would be careful with the pricing, just because the Pro version now out offers some strong upgrades for not much money. That said, I much prefer the 950 coil to the 12" monster on the Pro. It's as deep and a better pin pointer in my opinion. If a bigger coil is needed, there is always an SEF. Anyway, the MXT is a detector you'll love for years.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread