What's new

MXT noise crackling threshold

brian f

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi to all

I have a MXT 300 and have noticed that the thresh hold lately seems to have a lot of static to it or like a crackling sound. Is this normal ????????

This may not be new I have just started to use my head phones and it is very apparent with them on.
It makes it very distracting with head phone.

I tried to see if I had a bad connection and when I unhooked the plug from the coil to the control box the threshold smoothed out to a hum.

Any input would be very much grateful

Brian
 
Try rebooting and see if that helps. Turn your unit on, pull your battery pack out, wait one minute and reinstall it.
 
I take it your MXT was properly ground balanced so next I would ask were you running it HOT +1 +2 +3?
Depending on the ground mineralization or amount of iron targets, this could cause the issue, especially if you were running it wide open. Did you try another area and get the same result? If not, you may need a smaller coil or a DD coil to cover the area. How strong were the batteries? You may just have a bad coil. I am kind of all over the place on this. Just trying to pin it down.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom