What's new

My 12th Penny Box Ever...

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...yielded an AU50 1943 Steelie!!! :hello2: I freaked out when I popped out of the roll as it looked blue and it was in such good shape. :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Congrats.. took me much longer than that to get my first steel cent. I searched around 2K worth before getting one.
 
And to think I found 96 of them at a bank today. And they were actually worried about not being able to get rid of them :laughing7:. Crazy coin guy to the rescue.
 
mleblanc138 said:
And to think I found 96 of them at a bank today. And they were actually worried about not being able to get rid of them :laughing7:. Crazy coin guy to the rescue.

that's great!

i made sure the tellers at my bank know that i will take ANY, ANY "funny looking" money, "big strange dollars", old paper money etc.. that's the best way to get good stuff..
 
$ilver$urfer said:
...yielded an AU50 1943 Steelie!!! :hello2: I freaked out when I popped out of the roll as it looked blue and it was in such good shape. :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Found two of them in the reject tray of the coin counter at my CU about three months ago. AU58 on one and AU50 on the other.
Not to bad for the reject tray and great find for you. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
Very good find, it's hard to find an au50 copper wheat penny let alone a steel one!

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice find.....Matt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom