KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out for a couple of short hunts today.

This morning I met my buddy LEROY247 for a brief field hunt on an old homestead and Civil War skirmish site. We were both hoping to find a little bit of old silver … but it was not to be. We each found a couple of flat buttons, though. You can see in the pic below that my big one still has some gilt on it! It is marked “Silvester Birmingham.” I did a little online research and found that there was, indeed a gentleman named Silvester who owned a button company in Birmingham, England, which he sold around 1850 to emigrate to Australia. The other is a tiny oval-shaped button, evidently from a ladies’ garment. It was very difficult to locate.

My coolest find this morning was the fired pistol ball (not sure of the caliber). I also found a knapsack rivet, a brass spoon bowl, and a couple of pieces of buckshot.

This afternoon I returned to the church site where I’ve been digging the last few afternoons. I dug 13 coins total, including three wheat pennies and a 1943-P War Nickel … MY 150TH SILVER COIN!!!

It was an awesome detecting day!

12-17-12-finds.jpg

Upvote 0

Jsparks6523

Greenie
Aug 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
150 sweet. What's the top right item I've found one and never knew what it was??

OP
OP
KYshooter

KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
150 sweet. What's the top right item I've found one and never knew what it was??
I just assume that it is a tiny drawer pull, perhaps off of a small curio box or something similar.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
150 total or for the year?

OP
OP
KYshooter

KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna say! I've only found 10 for the year. That's a good total of silver! Congrats.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions