My 1st Standing Liberty Quarter (No Date)

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sunday May 10th, Mothers day 2015 I went detecting at an old school, found very few coins and even in early spring for some reason the field was already hard as rock but I spied an old concrete stair case going up the side of the hill and decided to detect along it, starting on the left side working my way up I got to only the 3rd step before I got a good signal, only 5 inches down but it was pretty iffy signal, sometimes a solid coin signal and other times it was very mixed with iron and not stable but after going over it longer than necessary I decided to dig, I had trouble locating the target at first so I rescanned the hole and got a nice quarter signal, telling myself to not get excited because it was probably just a clad quarter as I was getting 11 and 12:47 signals with the occasional 13:47 which usually indicates silver, I finally popped up the coin and saw the silver edge of a quarter, right away I felt my excitement level go up as I could tell this quarter was different, even though I could only see about ÂĽ (no pun intended!) of it due to the dirt on it, I thought standing liberty quarter!!!
I didn’t want to rub it so I finally got some water and rinsed it off and sure enough it was a no date standing liberty quarter, my very 1st so I was thrilled to have found this coin! To me it was like finding a real treasure! So far in my 2 years of detecting I’ve only found 2 barber dimes that are my oldest coins and 30 or so other silver coins, Mercs, Washington’s, no halves or dollar silver coins yet so this hunt made my day!! I’ll be going back to that spot soon!
Being that I am on the West coast, in the Portland Oregon area I do not find the OLD beautiful silver coins that are much more common back East and in other parts of the country, and the silver coins I do find are HARD to come by, so I don’t post as often as many others do here, my finds just aren’t that exciting, but this one was very exciting for me so I thought I would share it! This year I have only found 4 silver coins so far, I took a couple month break between February and the beginning of May, looks like it paid off!

20150510_153519_resized_2.jpg 20150510_153533_resized_2.jpg

Upvote 13

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
McClod

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have many SLQ'S most with no date it's common especially before 1925, but still a good find congrats...

Wow, that's great you've been able to find so many, very nice!!! From the many posts and youtube videos I've seen, the hunting looks great in your neck of the woods! Of course you've probably been hunting for some time and put in many hours of hard(?) work to earn those SLQ'S! I bet you've made a ton of great finds! GL&HH

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful coins they were, Nice find..

Top Member Reactions