What's new

My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldnt Keep Any Of Them

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
1,396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Went to a new site yesterday in central Virginia that was allegedly used as a hospital for Confederate soldiers. Pulled some clad out of the ground, but nothing else . . . until my granddaughters who happened to be visiting next door showed up! That made it all worthwhile. Then, my daughter-in-law asked me if I'd mind driving about 5 miles to where her aunt lived and search for a diamond engagement ring that her aunt lost about 4 years ago. A sad story is connected to the losing of the ring. The aunt's daughter had been in a terrible accident - struck by a drunk driver. She almost died. She lived, but she is disabled for life and bound to a wheelchair. She's doing much better now, thank the Lord. However, at the time the ring was lost, her Mama had lost a lot of weight due to the stress and worry over the accident. So while she was in her front yard one day, the ring slipped off her finger. So I loaded up my gear and drove over. My granddaughters tagged along to "help." :laughing7:

The first signal was a dud - something very deep and large, so I knew it wasn't worth digging. I took about 6 more steps and my MXT Pro, running in the Coin and Jewelry mode with presets, rang out loud and clear with a 0-4 VDI. Sure enough, 2 inches down was the ring. I hadn't been swinging the detector more than 2 minutes! The smile on Mom's face, along with her daughter's "thank you" was payment enough. Below is a photo of me with my other 2 "finds" for the day.
 

Attachments

  • md_granddaughters2.webp
    md_granddaughters2.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,206
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Way to go, sad but G :icon_thumright:reat story..
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Great Story! :hello2:
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Couple of keepers there for sure.
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Doc Arey said:
Way to go, sad but G :icon_thumright:reat story..

That's the 2nd gold ring I've found for other folks. I'm delighted to help and returning these items is a wonderful feeling. But I'd sure like to find one some time to keep! :laughing7:
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

:icon_thumright: :headbang:
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

True treasures....... I just heard of an aquaintance whose daughter lost a diamond ring years ago throwing a snowball. I'm trying to make arrangement to for a recovery hunt. Hopefully, my story will be equally rewarding. Blessings to ya, Ralph
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

petersra said:
True treasures....... I just heard of an aquaintance whose daughter lost a diamond ring years ago throwing a snowball. I'm trying to make arrangement to for a recovery hunt. Hopefully, my story will be equally rewarding. Blessings to ya, Ralph

Thanks. Hope you find it Ralph.
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Priceless! I VOTE HONORABLE BANNER! Much better than a Banner relic find on top!
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

You have some real treasures there. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Woodland Detectors said:
Priceless! I VOTE HONORABLE BANNER! Much better than a Banner relic find on top!

Thanks Mike! I should have gotten a photo of me, Mama, and the ring, but was in a hurry to be some place and didn't take the time. Oh well.
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

birdman said:
You have some real treasures there. :icon_thumright:

You got that right. They loved the clad I gave them. :blob7:
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

What a great story and I am sure a great feeling. Don't you worry Karma is sure going to come your way. What goes around comes around! Beautiful girls:)
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

great post ! :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Richard, I'd say that a magazine would be very interested in that story and you are the man to write it. Although I have not met you personally yet, your reputation precedes you and I'd expect an act of kindness like this from you. HH, Quindy.
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Great story way to go making someone very happy :hello2:
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Goldirocks said:
What a great story and I am sure a great feeling. Don't you worry Karma is sure going to come your way. What goes around comes around! Beautiful girls:)

Thanks Goldi.
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Thanks Marine and Hispan! Thanks Quindy. I just wished I'd taken the time to get some pics. I suppose I could always go back. I appreciate the kind words.
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

:occasion14: GG
 
Re: My 3 Best Finds This Year - And I Couldn't Keep Any Of Them

Best part of metal detecting is the time you spend with our family and friends. Great job
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom