What's new

✅ SOLVED My 6-year old pulled this out of the ground...

nigelrex

Full Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2020
Messages
102
Reaction score
94
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fredericksburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300 now, but looking for recommendations
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My little guy dug into this shirt about 6 inches under the surface and ~5 feet away from where the SNY buckle was found. Don't think it is anything, but we gotta ask because of location, weird spiral metal near the collar, and his quest for answers :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • shirt1.webp
    shirt1.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 176
  • shirt4.webp
    shirt4.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
  • shirt3.webp
    shirt3.webp
    931.8 KB · Views: 123
Nightmares & Dreamscapes
 
Upvote 0
That's really interesting .. I don't think it is CW era, but it sure is a fascinating find!
 
Upvote 0
I can't help with any info on the shirt but it definitely an unusual find.
 
Upvote 0
Kinda looks like a Korean War - Vietnam war era military shirt. Keep it. Look some up on the net and see the differences. May have been a digger lost their shirt awhile back.
 
Upvote 0
Do you mean the Stephen King book?
 
Upvote 0
Only twice I've found clothing buried. First was a murder, second had some satanic junk in it. Both had flesh at one time and the staining was similar looking to your shirt.
 
Upvote 0
Two comments:

1) Check the stitching - that might tell if the shirt is recent (i.e, machine made), or something else.
2) Given what some young adults wear these days (and I use the term "adult" very loosely), you can put that on the rack and ask $350.
Some idiot will buy it.
 
Upvote 0
Part of an old scare crow
 
Upvote 0
Scarecrow remnants.

I like Rydog's 'scarecrow' theory. :thumbsup:

What type of material is it made of and are there any buttons, because I don't see any? :icon_scratch:
If you could clean it up a bit for us, we could get a better idea of it's age too.

Dave
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom