My Ace 250 Finds from July 4th to August 7th

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Garrett Ace 250 metal detector keeper finds from July 4th to August 7th. No gold this month but I did find a couple of pieces of silver - a 1940 Mercury dime and a sterling chain marked "Italy 925". I found over $10 in modern coins, including one more Sacagawea dollar coin which is the second of those I've found this year. That money will be used to buy batteries for my detectors and my pinpointer and will keep me supplied in batteries for the next 2 months. At the top of the photo is a rare and complete early Sergeant Major (Army) hat pin emblem and a copper World War II dog tag that was issued to W. W. Belch in 1944. The latter probably belonged to a soldier who was stationed at Camp Bowie here in Brownwood, Texas during the War. I dug the milk glass Mason jar lid insert while digging for a coin target that was underneath it. I'm well satisfied with my finds for last month and I had a great time finding them. Comment with any questions you have about them and I'll be happy to answer them...except for the exact locations where I found these items. ha. That's a closely-guarded secret.
~Texas Jay

http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com - Join us on October 13th for our Annual Fall Open Competition Hunt!

Ace 250 - July 4 - August 7 -2018.jpg

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul! And I'd NEVER ask for your exact location...just get me within 100 yards or so...lol, great finds Jay. Ddf

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul! And I'd NEVER ask for your exact location...just get me within 100 yards or so...lol, great finds Jay. Ddf

You're a true gentleman, dirtdigginfool. ha. I can tell you that all of last month's finds came from only 2 central Texas towns, my hometown of Brownwood and nearby Comanche which was John Wesley Hardin's hometown. :)
~Texas Jay

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a true gentleman, dirtdigginfool. ha. I can tell you that all of last month's finds came from only 2 central Texas towns, my hometown of Brownwood and nearby Comanche which was John Wesley Hardin's hometown. :)
~Texas Jay

Awesome...just goes to show, that stuff is still out there, you just gotta LOOK for it! Again, congrats on a couple great sites that produced heavily. Ddf.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, dirtdigginfool. Yes, there is a LOT of treasure out there just waiting for someone to recover it. Thankfully, we got a much needed heavy rainfall here in Brownwood over the past two days so I couldn't get out and detect. Those two days, I believe, make the longest stretch of time this year that I haven't taken my detector out. I used the time at home productively though by researching and finding several new sites in town to work. I'm taking another member of our treasure club with me today. He's been detecting since the 1960s, like me, but he's unable to drive due to being involved in a serious accident a year or so back where he was a passenger. He also uses an Ace 250 so we should have fun hunting one of the new sites together. Wish us luck!
~Texas Jay

MD-finds-misc-July3-Aug7-2018 008.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread