My AT Pro is Possessed

johawk

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Hi all,

So I got my AT Pro a few months ago, had a few hunts with it, all was good until 2 weeks ago.

I sent it to Garrett for repair, got it back last night. They replaced the spacer keyboard and keypad. Turned it on, same issue. I'm so bummed, had high hopes for using it this weekend.

Issue:
Turn on the unit (outside and 4ft off the ground) the target id cycles fast through 50's and 70's, target id cursor cycles through the range of 40 - 70 and the depth meter is pegged at the max 10” This is happening in all modes.

New batteries are in, I have re-seated the cable a few times and performed a factory reset.

Anyone else having or had this issue?

John

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi John, I've had my issues with the ATP also but Garrett sent me a new one. Things to check for before you wrap it around a tree are to make sure you aren't under any wires, not near an electric dog fence or security system. Have your cell phone turned off and away from anyone using a microwave. Have you tried changing the Frequencies?

Good Luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
johawk

johawk

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Hi Sandman,

Thanks for the reply. I just tried changing the frequency and it was a no go, however that did lead me to try turning down the sensitivity a few notches and that seemed to do the trick!
Wow, the AT Pro is more sensitive than my 13 year old daughter ;D

Time to go find something....

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread