What's new

My AT Pro was damaged while traveling- what to do?

perdidogringo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
582
Reaction score
1,757
Golden Thread
0
Location
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I recently returned from a metal detecting trip and my AT Pro was damaged in route. Basically, the control housing broke off from the C-shaped stem as you can see in the photos below. I'm not a very good "do it yourselfer" so I am wondering if Garrett would fix it for me? Anybody else had a similar problem with a Garrett and how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • image (2).webp
    image (2).webp
    261 KB · Views: 164
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    297 KB · Views: 149
  • image (1).webp
    image (1).webp
    257.7 KB · Views: 176
I'm sure Garrett will fix it, dunno how much though...

Ouch- looks like a weak point in the design.
 
I have had amazing interactions with Garrett customer service. I am sure they will take care of you, and fast!!
 
I'm sure Garrett will fix it, dunno how much though...

Ouch- looks like a weak point in the design.

My Fishers are the same way. Metal screws holding plastic against metal, the plastic will fail first every time.

I'd bet Garrett fixes it for shipping and handling.
 
Give them a Call I'm sure they Can Help and They have a fast turn around time on Repairs. Sent in my 2 year old Propointer that was Having Problems Out of Warranty They replaced everything except the End Cap No charge at all Garrets service rocks
Telephone:
1-972-494-6151
Toll Free:
1-800-527-4011 (USA/Canada only)

Hobby Division
Division de Pasatiempo

Hobby Email: sales@garrett.com
 
Last edited:
Garrett will take care of you for sure.
 
Last edited:
Unanimous! Call Garrett.
 
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I live in Bogota, Colombia so I'll probably have to wait until my next trip back to the States in July. I'll let you know what Garrett says and how much they charge me.
 
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I live in Bogota, Colombia so I'll probably have to wait until my next trip back to the States in July. I'll let you know what Garrett says and how much they charge me.

They're right outside Dallas, give them a call in the morning and quit stalling.

I'm sure they would know about any shipping difficulties and customs involved.
 
I know all about shipping, Steve. Shipping from a 3rd world country like Colombia is expensive and at best, unreliable. I'm not going to spend a couple hundred dollars shipping it from/to Colombia when it will be a fraction of the cost if I can wait a couple of months upon my return. And then there is customs (notoriously slow) and the chance of it disappearing.
 
I know all about shipping, Steve. Shipping from a 3rd world country like Colombia is expensive and at best, unreliable. I'm not going to spend a couple hundred dollars shipping it from/to Colombia when it will be a fraction of the cost if I can wait a couple of months upon my return. And then there is customs (notoriously slow) and the chance of it disappearing.

Understand. I have a way of talking myself out of things that are unknown.
Good luck.
 
No problem, Steve. I wish I could send it from here but in the end, it just isn't worth it. Luckily, I have my back-up detector, my Fisher F2 until then.
 
You don't send in the Whole detector just the Coil and Control unit not the Shaft/ Handle Uou pay to ship it They Pay to ship it Back Fixed and Working
 
Last edited:
Update: I sent in my AT PRO (the S-Shaped handle, housing and coil) on Monday for repair to Garett and it was delivered back to me better than new today (Thursday- only 3 days later!). Amazing!!! Garrett has a customer for life now.
 
Update: I sent in my AT PRO (the S-Shaped handle, housing and coil) on Monday for repair to Garett and it was delivered back to me better than new today (Thursday- only 3 days later!). Amazing!!! Garrett has a customer for life now.
That is Amazing service indeed! Congrats and may your finds be Great
 
Update: I sent in my AT PRO (the S-Shaped handle, housing and coil) on Monday for repair to Garett and it was delivered back to me better than new today (Thursday- only 3 days later!). Amazing!!! Garrett has a customer for life now.
Awesome!!!
 
They are a great company glad they took care of you. Hilda or Steve are who I deal with if I need something.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom