My bank invented a fee on boxes

Wes_

Apr 22, 2007
Title pretty much says it all. I've done a whopping 10 or 11 boxes over the last couple months. Today an employee who I see there always but have never dealt with told me they would be charging a fee for subsequent boxes, since they have to pay to get them delivered. I gave an expectant look, waiting for her to elaborate.

"I don't know how much. Do you want me to let you know?"

I nodded yes.

DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH?! Glad to know my bank is just making sh*t up as they go along.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a bummer Wes. I have heard of a fee for boxes from others in the past as well. Is this a major bank that you deal with?

I have been kinda waiting for that to happen to me too. Let me know what the fee is whenever they figure it out.

Good luck Wes.

OP
OP
W

Wes_

Apr 22, 2007
It was the only bank that I dealt with (Wells Fargo), at least until I recently joined a credit union for their coin counter ;). I've been a regular at this branch longer than any of the current tellers have worked there. I'm in grad school so it's not as though I had tons of money with them, but I did make a point of keeping most of my meager savings there as a token of my appreciation for ordering coins for me.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My local bank told me that, but instead told me they could not order boxes for me anymore, the corporate office would not let them pass the fee on to their customers.

Now you KNOW that's a lie, since when is a bank afraid to pass any dang fee on to the customer? >:(

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I've never been a big fan of banks. I belong to 2 differant CUs. CU #1 told me that they do not and will not order boxes of coin. They say that they will take as much coin as I want to bring in provided that it is rolled. I asked if $4000 per week was too much and they said that as long it is rolled they do not care how much because they just ship it off to the Fed. CU #2 said they would order as many boxes as I want as long as I do not dump at one of their branches. I have a standing order with them for 4 boxes a week. I am known as the "half dollar guy" there now.

My fiancee belongs to BofA. At the closest branch they said they did not know what we were talking about when asked to order boxes of coin. At another branch the mgr said she couldn't believe it because that is part of their training and said she would be happy to order us as many as we wanted for as long as we want. Another 4 box standing order.

If they start inventing crap on me, I will take my business elsewhere and make sure to let all of their corporate officers know about it. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread