My best coinstar find so far.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to the store today to buy some stuff to make dinner. I figured I might as well check the coinstar machine. I didn't find any silver but I found a lot of clad. $4.12 total plus one 1942 no mint wheat penny and 1 taiwan 1 yuan coin. I am still waiting for the day that I find a silver coin in the return tray, but hey, I don't mind finding clad, it's free money.

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to the store today to buy some stuff to make dinner. I figured I might as well check the coinstar machine. I didn't find any silver but I found a lot of clad. $4.12 total plus one 1942 no mint wheat penny and 1 taiwan 1 yuan coin. I am still waiting for the day that I found a silver coin in the return tray, but hey, I don't mind finding clad, it's free money.

Still pretty good. Those are actually my average numbers for coinstar finds from a fresh coinstar I have never been to (I look under the machine). I found 7 silver dimes in total and a silver quarter. Is the Taiwan coin CuNi or bronze

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I could average those numbers, I never find more than around 50 cents at a time. I'm not sure what the coin is exactly but I found a picture of it online. I am leaning towards bronze though. It is really tarnished so it's hard to tell what it is.

Here is a picture of what it looks like, this isn't the actual coin I found (my camera is dead) but this is what it looks like, mine is just tarnished.
http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/img1/42-551.jpg

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 36 cents in the coinstar reject tray at my store today.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I could average those numbers, I never find more than around 50 cents at a time. I'm not sure what the coin is exactly but I found a picture of it online. I am leaning towards bronze though. It is really tarnished so it's hard to tell what it is.

Here is a picture of what it looks like, this isn't the actual coin I found (my camera is dead) but this is what it looks like, mine is just tarnished.
http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/img1/42-551.jpg

Yup, its the bronze one. I got one from in change recently. The CuNi one would be the size of a quarter and would have a flower on it.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I found what I think is a steel penny. Since it's only worth a cent I'm going to try and get the corrosion off tonight.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Keep checking Ive found half a dozen silver dimes including several Mercuries and loads of cool foreign coins and around $20 in regular coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread