Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Friday I had time to hunt ! Day off . I was dog sitting however ! Besides my dog I had my niece's dog Charlie. I have watched Charlie before . Never had a problem. Listens and obeys great . Probably better than me most of the time :laughing7: I drove an hour and a half North West To find and hunt a foundation a deer hunting and fishing buddy showed me a picture of way out in the woods . There are actually several foundations there . ! Originally inhabitied around 1760 . I had tried to find this exact foundation before . I found others but did not find this one . I finally located it today . it was a bit farther off the old main road. Easy to miss with all the vegetation in front of it . It was a big site . I was stoked ! I had 3 hrs to hunt . well I thought I did ! Charlie took off after a rabbit I think . I saw something on the ground move and then he was gone after it . ! I called and Called but no Charlie ! I had lost my niece's dog in the middle of nowhere . A solid half hour from any paved roads . I was in deep doo doo ! I put my dog Anna back in the truck and went down the road slowly calling hoping he could hear me . No Charlie. I decided to go back to the site and wait / hunt hoping he would find his way back ! I started trying to hunt but my mind was not in the game ! I was too worried to hunt ! I kept calling ! after being gone about an hour Charlie finally showed back up ! I was taking no more chance's I put him in the truck and left . I will go back and spend a full day around this foundation . No dogs though ! My one find whlie I was the was the Flat button backmarked extra gilt . Sunday came and I only had a small window to hunt. I felt I neede a change of pace so I headed to one of my favorite small beaches . One of only two beach areas where I have made 17th century finds in the past. I pull into the parking lot at 6:00 pm two hours before the low tide . A Wedding ! Yes, I said a beach wedding ! In late September ! Big one too > I could not find a place to park if I wanted to stay ! I rememberd there was a wooded park not to far from there . Opened around 1900. I had hunted it a bit before. Early 20th century is the earliest finds I have made here . I had little options ! A toasted V nickel ,A wheatie and a few early 20th century buttons and do dads is what I came away with ! I felt like the guy in the little toy Roadster all weekend ! Thanks for looking and happy hunting !

Attachments

• DSCN0139.JPG
    DSCN0139.JPG
    806.6 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0161-001.JPG
    DSCN0161-001.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN0162-001.JPG
    DSCN0162-001.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCN0155-001.JPG
    DSCN0155-001.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN0160-001.JPG
    DSCN0160-001.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN0157-001.JPG
    DSCN0157-001.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 7

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Glad you made some good finds despite topsy-turvy times with dogs & then beach full of humans, lol. :icon_thumright: Hope next time less eventful! :icon_thumright: Andi

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, reminds of the time when my young lab took off following her nose in a rural remote ranch area that I was mding. It was an hour from my home and I took time off work to try and find her. I searched for 6 days and I was ready to give up when I got a phone call from a rancher that seen my bullitin at the local store. He said she showed up at his place looking to eat his dogs food and welcomed her into there home. I was happy to see her and she was happy also. From that time on she dosn't leave my side when we are out in the woods.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would have left the dogs in the truck and just hunted, I got dizzy just reading about it. Good thing I didn't show up at the wedding, there would be a wedding album full of pix of the old fat guy in the background metal detecting, ha lol.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would have left the dogs in the truck and just hunted, I got dizzy just reading about it. Good thing I didn't show up at the wedding, there would be a wedding album full of pix of the old fat guy in the background metal detecting, ha lol.
Yeah Treble ! Hind site is 20/20 . He had never done anything like this before ! Once I had him back I was still too rattled to detect. As far as the wedding on the beach ! I just could not do it ! I was just too under dressed :laughing7: I would have loved to watch you tromp thru the wedding and start detecting Treble :laughing7::laughing7: M.R.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the toy car is quite special, I've got hundreds of old copper coins, but only a couple of older toys.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You managed to make some nice finds even with all the craziness!
Looks like your day was full of surprises! Nothing like having to look for something you didn't plan on hunting for! Glad you found Charlie.

Hopefully the wedding revelers lost some nice goodies for your next trip to the beach!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread