What's new

My Best Find of The Week

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now what is it? Pretty is all I know. Found it yesterday walking a field after the rain. Cold and windy then it wasnt pose to rain till today (Sunday) but of course it started raining while I was walking and on the way back I saw this under a small brush looking up at me. I will show the other stuff I found to some flake knifes and broken stuff. rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC11964.webp
    SDC11964.webp
    322.4 KB · Views: 122
  • SDC11972.webp
    SDC11972.webp
    783.3 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
Nice finds nice color.
 
Wow! that is beautiful whatever it is. Do you think it's some sort of scraper? the other stuff is cool too and love the colors!
 
Awesome color- black and tan

It looks like the base of a point that was never finished to me. ?

Like this: 6851646570501e71156a60903d738756.webp
 
Looks cool but no clue what type it is. Glad some rain is finally showing up.
 
Love that mottled tan and grey material. Nice one Rock!
 
Good find! Continued good luck.
 
Wow! that is beautiful whatever it is. Do you think it's some sort of scraper? the other stuff is cool too and love the colors!

1st I thought paddle drill but its flat. Then I thought hafted scraper which it might be its worked on both sides like a point. So I sent a pic to Gatorboy and he said Adena long stem like a blunt or Hafted scraper. It was the same field as I found my avatar point from 2 years ago. I always find some real pretty material when I walk that field. Hoping some more pop out with all of this new rain we are having now. Im hoping they didnt throw a cover crop down I saw some strange holes while I was walking but usually they just scatter the seeds so I will have to look next week to see if I see green, I hope not.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom