What's new

My best Virginia button yet

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
1,098
Reaction score
631
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang, been a long time since I've posted any finds, but I've finally gotten around to digging again. Well, I thought I was going to have a mediocre day in the field where I've found a good many things in the past couple of years, but only a few bullets on my last couple of outings..... And then this beauty pops out of the ground. Virginia button with very good detail and all letters legible. Full shank is intact with back mark W.H. Smith & Co, New York. What a nice surprise it was to pull that out of the ground. Other finds were a fired three ringer, fired lead, a pistol round, and a Spencer casing of which I have found several of recently. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 136
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    61.1 KB · Views: 146
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 38
that's a good one....congrats!
 
That's a sweet button!! I've found two, but neither is in that good of shape. Just goes to prove, you never truly clean a place out. Congrats:thumbup:
 
Sweet button I love it...I recently dug a early Virginia button in mass....congrats
 
Man, I would LOVE to dig one of those someday! W.H. Smith in Brooklyn made a lot of stuff for the Union - looks like he was making a few bucks from BOTH sides! (Before the war, I guess) That's a REAL beauty!
 
That is a very nice button.
 
That has great eye appeal in addition to history. Nice!
 
That's nice eye candy there! Sweet!
 
Nice! A Virginia button is on my wish list.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom