My Biggest GOLD nugget.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Hi guys, I haven't posted for a while since lots of things have been going on.
Like I'm back in the states after some years out in the Dominican republic where i was currently gold dredging most of the time.. even though I did some placer mining with my 4" elevator which i created and was able to work some deposits.

Before anything I want to Thank this forum which has helped me over the years accomplish many difficulties in the build of my equipments.
so let me go to explain how I found the gold nugget...

so on my last trip i went up a very known creek where very lil miners have ever gone to prospect but as many know these areas are a Hit or Miss. After about a month of very lil gold to show we decided to carry our equipment down river to a more known area where lots of big nuggets have been found.
After like 3 days of moving down river our camp and equipment and setting everything up. i pulled out my dowsing rods which I love to use when I don't have much understanding of an area.
moments later after everything was setup and running we started to look like we was in a very promising area was hitting some natural large Hot rocks down close to bedrock which are good signs where we was at. After about a hour or so into our diving session the guy dredging pulled out this lovely 3 ounce nugget which was on resting on bedrock.

20220918_172353.jpg

After cleaning it a bit more ..

20220919_114138.jpg

Dredge / partner
20220625_175335.jpg

winching ..
new1.jpg
20220625_175226.jpg

Some Nature beauty..
20220716_181758.jpg 20220708_075407.jpg

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WOW! That's a honker for sure, congrats on the beautiful nugget.
May it just be the beginning of a few more of its family tree.

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
WOW! That's a honker for sure, congrats on the beautiful nugget.
May it just be the beginning of a few more of its family tree.
its a very known area of producing large nuggets so it have been hit hard by local miners..i was just " lucky " enough to still have it produce.. but people have found some very nice deposits with ranging about 3 pounds of gold.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
with the help of our friend donkey and horse we was able to transport the things.. but it sure wasnt still easy ..but its seems like its always hard work no matter where you at..
That works most times in life:
"If it was easy it would have been done"
It goes for most things we all inspire to do-just some step out of the comfort zone and bring in the results.
You stepped out-you got the results:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread