What's new

My computer is very ill

NGE

Silver Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
3,511
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
My computer is very ill, it is infected with a malicious malware program called, Win PC Defender. If you see this come up on your coimputer, delete it immediately! McAFFEE and Norton can't see it, it's also been called a backdoor trojan. Because of it, I have to send my computer to my nephew in Colorado, so I won't be online for at least a week and a half. :'(. So if y'all don't see me, it's not that I left t-net, it's just that my computer will be get all fixed...........NGE
 
download a program called malwarebytes and it will remove it easy enough. I used to talk people through removing viruses and malicious programs as a side job.

Download it here and if you want I can run you through it:
http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756

Under the "Downloads" click one of the links that says "MajorGeeks" to start the download.
 
I just went there and clicked on the aforementioned download and it prevented me from downloading it
 
We tried malwarebytes last night and it shut it down on me :'(
 
So I take it you already have Malwarebytes on your pc if you tried it?

Do you also have HijackThis?
 
Yes, we tried it all, the bug would not let installation files to run. Only had icons on my desktop, with no where to go, because this "Smart" bug has it all figured out ahead of time. Actually it deleted the install files, thats what my nephew said
 
ok I would suggest a program called "Combofix" and if you can run that then install and run Malwarebytes.
 
Is that a free program, and where do I get it......NGE
 
I did what you said, went to my desktop, dbl. clicked and the DAMN Thing DISABLED IT! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
 
run it while in safe mode.

Restart computer and before the computer starts showing things on the monitor keep pressing F8 and it should then ask you if you want to load safe mode.
 
Did what ya said and clicked on it, and it shut my computer down, tried again in safe mode and it acts like my mouse doesn't even work, dis bug SUCKS!
 
Maybe a Linux live CD would work. Something small like PuppyLinux.

This is an alternate OS (operating system) that runs completely separate from Windows and is downloaded and burned on a CD. You might need to do this on another computer.

As long as your computer will check the CD drive first for the OS when you restart this will work, usually they do but if not this can be changed in the BIOS. (That's the real basic looking text that you see if you restart and press F1 (or whatever it says for that short period before booting). BIOS is part of the computer, NOT WINDOWS.

A Linux live CD (means it will boot right off the CD - no installing needed) and will essentially be like a completely new OS on your computer, but only temporally and will not affect your Windows install in any way.

The beauty of this is that YOU STILL HAVE ACCESS TO HARD DRIVE FILES, except with a new different OS. Yup, any Windows passwords aren't needed and as this OS runs in RAM, it completely vanishes when you reboot again.

You would still have to know how to identify the bad files and delete them, though. This is a bit of a geeky solution but a Linux live CD is a great tool for retrieving lost files if a Windows system goes bad. Also,if you ever had an downloaded image that won't delete (sometimes jerks will set them up like that) Linux removes it.



Jay
 
My nephew said that this program has two parts to it. One is watching the other. No matter what I do to try to KILL it, the other instantly reinstalls itself. Regcure does not delete it either. I know nothing about what y'all just said, so I will be sending my cpu to a very knowledgable, software engineer nephew, who owns and operates his own successful business from Colorado Springs, Colorado. He said he will also "GEEK" up my computer, and all I have to pay is one way shipping, he will pay return shipping........NGE
 
I usually just reformat my harddrive and reinstall windows when things like this happen, you could try and run system restore also. Windows defender is not a virus it removes viruses.
 
Windows defender is real, however Win PC defender is NOT! I was trying to go to windows defender when I got redirected to a look alike site that had Win PC defender there and I downloaded the bad program. It has changed some of my registry. My comp. is being sent to my nephew in colorado springs for cleanup and upgrading, and he is also putting Nod or Nad on it..........NGE
 
ca is strong against it but must be pre installed to catch it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom