My dump experiences...

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
...seem to be different from others. I've only had one bank give me grief about dumping. Today I dumped 2700 in halves at a bank. No questions about being a customer (I am) or account numbers or anything. In fact I had one of the other tellers say..."Are those all halves?" My teller said, "Yes" to which she then said, "I want some." They even told me to come back if I had more. :headbang:

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
My wife dumped $3200 in halves once next time she came back the teller said ONE fella bought them all two days later! They were all rolled.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
what bank and all rolled? reused the bank boxes? weird... i get all sorts of questions :(

OP
OP
alabamadan

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
i do reroll and use the boxes. But I tear the lid off the boxes and one can easily tell they've been opened. I believe they break them open and recount later.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had problems dumping either.

Probably because I treat my dump banks as good or better than my supply banks. Here are a couple examples.

I told my old dump bank about what I was doing and the manager started looking for silver in other denominations beause he knew he wasn't going to get any from halves. He got 3 rolls of quarters. I figure thats the cost of doing busines and I told him where a good smelter was.

A couple of weeks ago I took a couple dozen steamed crabs to my currrent dump bank. These didn't cost me anything because I caught them myself.

I am also in the market for a mortgage so I'm danggling that in front of my dump bank.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Piercesdad said:
I am also in the market for a mortgage so I'm danggling that in front of my dump bank.
Careful now, debt after all is self enslavement & in today's declining economic climate it is like chaining self to the Titanic- I'd say hang on tight but you'll be chained to the ship of State as it goes down.

Of course those who work for the beast (state) may be a little better off for while anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions