My Equinox died

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
So I noticed my last couple of hunts over the weekend that my battery was only lasting about 5 hours, down from its usual 12-14 hours. I called Keith from Fort Bedford metal detectors and he steered me to the Minelab service center here in the states and I sent the control head off to Pennsylvania. Anyway, went to a big old hay field with one of my diggin’ buddies, he had his XP Deus and I had my old ATmax with the mono-wondo Nel coil. I couldnt believe how spoiled I am from using my Nox , I had a b**** of a time just getting a signal to repeat good enough for me to dig. So if I got a grunt with a chirp, I dug it.........made for a long, hot day with little to show for my effort. My buddy on the other hand was popping out KGII’s with dates left and right (ok, he got one, but it was nice) IHP’s and other cool stuff. I got six targets that went into my “keepers “ pile And my Nox won’t be back for 2 weeks😔I think I’ll pop the sniper coil on the max, won’t go as deep but it will still get the good stuff If I can get over it.
Happy hunt in’

Attachments

• EF1F9DF3-91F6-4DAB-9EB9-849F0580AA9B.jpeg
    EF1F9DF3-91F6-4DAB-9EB9-849F0580AA9B.jpeg
    712.9 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 20
Ugh, sorry to hear that JD. I guess that'll happen if one rides their machine as hard as you do. Hope you're back in the saddle and equipped with the Nox soon!

...Minelab products is them not being water proof, I hunt a lot in and around water soooooooooooooo............... we’ll see what I can sneak by the boss.

Excalibur 2 is a great Solid 100% waterproof Minelab machine !
51CCA363-DEE2-4C24-96AA-79574CE5E366.jpeg

Excalibur 2 is a great Solid 100% waterproof Minelab machine !
View attachment 1859251
Nothing is 100% waterproof, and plenty of excals have drowned or spontaneously died over the years. In the end, does it matter if it died from water or from a component failure? I agree the excal is far superior for water resistance than the nox. However, for many people, the nox is a lot easier to use than the excal.

I messaged them yesterday asking if they could give me a eta, shoulda waited till winter..

minelab update on eta.PNG

WTF!!!!!! I just ordered a Nox 800 so I’ll have 2 while ones in the shop (:

I did the same when my profind35 failed now I have 2, unfortunately I cant do that at the moment with the detector otherwise I pry would..

Even with the breakdowns it is the best machine going …. I am on my 3rd one.....and when it breaks I will get another....the thing flat outperforms the competition by miles in some cases...

I wouldn't get another Equinox. I'd save for a CTX or get another brand. You have 20 weeks of warranty left. Someone posted here that when they called the repair center the center told them the parts were delayed in shipment and so it would be a delay to get them fixed. No parts. I'm sure you can find the thread. Worldwide shipping is extremely slow due to the virus. I ordered something from Germany. The guy sent it our equivalent of prioirity mail and it took 6 weeks to get here. I thought it was lost for sure!

I just received some ham radio parts from China and they took 4 days via DHL !!!!

Even with the breakdowns it is the best machine going …. I am on my 3rd one.....and when it breaks I will get another....the thing flat outperforms the competition by miles in some cases...
I agree, I hunt with guys that use CTX’s, Deus’ and Etrac’s and I keep up if not out hunt them all most of the time. I did consider a ORX but the Nox is killer in saltwater and I didn’t want to have to get the coils from XP as I already have all 3 for the Nox.

Yeah Joe you?re not the only one my charger wasn?t holding battery power as long as it used to and then it started just turning off on its own so I mailed in the head to get fixed I?m just lucky I have another 800 to play with. I sold my ATMax to getting my 800 and I could never go back to the chatterbox.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back