What's new

My Finds From The Ft Ancient Village Site

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like PaleoJoe said on his post, he and I met up today to do a little diggin' and siftin' and he kicked my rearend today. I went for a little while on Weds also and found some nice pieces then, but didn't do near as well today. I only found one decent point today, a nice big Serrated Triangle. I found a couple of Blanks or Preforms and a few other broken points, but no beads or anything else.

Now on Weds I did a little better. I found another decent Serrated Triangle, two Bone Awls, 3 pieces of Deer Antler, one of them cut and snapped, one is a Flaker, and one that was the beginning of a Deer Antler Point and has been shaved on and tapped in the base. I also found a piece of worked and polished red Pipestone and a piece that I think is a sharpening tool for Bone Awls or Needles.

The 1st pic is the two day finds.

The 2nd is of the 3 best points.

The 3rd is the 2 Bone Awls.

The 4th is the Deer Antler piece that has been tapped.

The 5th is the sharpening tool.

The last one is the polished Pipestone.
 

Attachments

  • New Pics02.webp
    New Pics02.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 268
  • New Pics03.webp
    New Pics03.webp
    30 KB · Views: 400
  • New Pics04.webp
    New Pics04.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 264
  • New Pics06.webp
    New Pics06.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 262
  • New Pics07.webp
    New Pics07.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 270
  • New Pics08.webp
    New Pics08.webp
    11 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0
Good stuff!
For some reason I really like the serrated points. They must have taken an extra effort to produce so well.
Does anyone have any theories on what the purpose of the serrated edge is?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom